Beauty how to be when a prettier girl its the center of the attention at work?

Ok so I'm pretty but I think I'm ugly and theirs way prettier woman at work and she's the center of the attention I don't think she's pretty but some how she's like a shining start now how can I over come feeling ugly? I know it's a silly question I work in a office so I have to dress up nice but I just feel ugly

Thank you everyone for your answers I'm feeling better and took your advice

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what has happened is you are probably shy and she is quite self confident that can look like she is the centre of attention. The best thing you can do is forget about comparing yourself to others, be yourself and learn to accept/like yourself then you will find yourself more outgoing at work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the most important thing is to be the smartest one among beautiful girls and the most beautiful among smart girls. If you can't be most beautiful then be the smartest, the funniest , the kindest girl around. Once I met 2guys one of them was so freaking handsome but I didn't notice him because the other one made me laugh so much even though he looked pretty average. I know it's different about girls , because it seems guys are more visual, but anyway it helps because you become the center of attention. And one more I'd feel the same you feel now if you worked with me).

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Never think she's prettier than you. If you're jealous she'll just outshine you everytime. Also you don't have to think you're the absolute prettiest in the land bc that's not possible but you are aware that you're beautiful just try to smile more be more positive and charasmatic. Pretty on the inside will show on the outside amping your appearance even more than make-up can.

• Thank you for your answer :)

• I'll smile more and be more confident :) I just don't know why I been feeling this way lately.

• Don't worry about it. Focus on doing your job. You're not getting paid to be pretty.

You're getting paid yo use your skills.

Garner attention for the bad ass job you do at work.

Fuck being pretty. I'd rather be the most successful in my job

• Why are you worried about this? you're at work. I don't want to even be recognised at work because my job doesn't define me it pays my rent. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and just cos she looks all that probably doesn't mean that she is.

• I know it's work but I have self steam issues which it's silly I know but my manager (woman ) always like Katie lipstick and I wasn't like that but I'm just not going to let that bother me it's the people I work with its all about beauty , and yea she's not all that. But you right it's work :)

• Be a better employee and a nicer person :)

• Don't bring someone else down to bring yourself up.

You're beautiful in your own way, be positive, be confident, be happy, be you.

You're at work, not a beauty pageant.

• You have to stop comparing yourself. Think about it like this, there's plenty of different flowers in the world, and some, like roses, are super common, aka average, whereas others are rare and exotic. People may initially be more enthralled by the exotic ones just because they're not seen as often, but does that make the rose any less pretty? Does that make the rose worth less?

We, as humans, are like flowers, and just because some people look more common than others, doesn't mean they're worth any less. Don't waste your time hating on or trying to look like an exotic flower when there's still so many people who appreciate roses.

There will always be a more exotic flower out there. If you get caught up on the amount of attention you're getting you'll never be happy or content.

• Thank you for your answer you are right :) I really need to stop feeling this way it's not healthy

• Thank you :)