Have you ever had an article of clothing Tailored before?

Thinking about getting that done but not sure. Is it worth it? To those who had it done?

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I've had a floor length dress that I wore to my boyfriends military ball shortened because even in heels, it was too long lol

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I had a jacket that i bought for farm work when i was a XXL
    the jacket was an XL so i took it to a tailor and for 30$ they added on a bunch of denim under the arm pits as well as some really nice sweat wicking fabric on the inside. I would recommend it. Reminds me i gotta go to the tailor again

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I've had dresses tailored but that's about it. It was worth it because otherwise the dresses didn't fit right or were too long.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of my legs is two inches shorter than the other so I get all my pants get tailored.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not that I know of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have - prom dress. Worth it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I have to if I want a suit. I'm not an "off the rack" guy because I work out a lot, so no jacket that fits my height of 6'3 has wide enough shoulders.

It's worth it just because tailored stuff fits SO much better. It looks a lot better on you as well. But that's just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's worth it. Having a perfectly snug suit is amazing!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tailored myself plastic socks before does that count?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I have a tuxedo, a couple of suits and a few shirts.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's definitely worth it! I hate 'off the rack' suits because they are never a perfect fit

• Yes. I actually get mostly tailored or bespoke clothing. You WILL look better, period.

The question is, how much of your wardrobe does it actually make a difference for? If I'm only wearing a certain thing of clothes at home, tailoring is hardly worth it. But for work/dating? Tailoring is a great idea.

0|0
    0|0