Have you ever had an article of clothing Tailored before?

Thinking about getting that done but not sure. Is it worth it? To those who had it done?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I've had a floor length dress that I wore to my boyfriends military ball shortened because even in heels, it was too long lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I had a jacket that i bought for farm work when i was a XXL
    the jacket was an XL so i took it to a tailor and for 30$ they added on a bunch of denim under the arm pits as well as some really nice sweat wicking fabric on the inside. I would recommend it. Reminds me i gotta go to the tailor again

What Girls Said 4

• I've had dresses tailored but that's about it. It was worth it because otherwise the dresses didn't fit right or were too long.

• One of my legs is two inches shorter than the other so I get all my pants get tailored.

• No not that I know of.

• I have - prom dress. Worth it.

What Guys Said 5

• I have to if I want a suit. I'm not an "off the rack" guy because I work out a lot, so no jacket that fits my height of 6'3 has wide enough shoulders.

It's worth it just because tailored stuff fits SO much better. It looks a lot better on you as well. But that's just my opinion.

• Yes it's worth it. Having a perfectly snug suit is amazing!!

• I've tailored myself plastic socks before does that count?

• Yeah, I have a tuxedo, a couple of suits and a few shirts.

• It's definitely worth it! I hate 'off the rack' suits because they are never a perfect fit

• Yes. I actually get mostly tailored or bespoke clothing. You WILL look better, period.

The question is, how much of your wardrobe does it actually make a difference for? If I'm only wearing a certain thing of clothes at home, tailoring is hardly worth it. But for work/dating? Tailoring is a great idea.