Is this a good dress for a formal dinner?

I'm kinda panicking people! 😣
I'm kinda panicking people! 😣 Is this a good dress for a formal dinner?
It's for a formal dinner with the leaders of the company I work for.
My friend said it's "too daring" because of the back but it's the most formal dress I've brought to Australia 😭 ... Please someone tell me it's ok?
(obviously the hair & make-up will be different so please don't judge my ugliness πŸ˜…)
It's all about the πŸ‘—πŸ‘—πŸ‘—!

Thank you all for your answers/advice, I just wanted to tell those who wanted to know that the dinner went really well and my boss (who is the Vice President) told me that I have made a really good impression 😌 So relieved!

Most Helpful Guy

• Formal dinner in a work environment? Yeah, it's too sexed up.

• It's gonna be at a restaurant.

• Yeah I think you're right! Thank you for the advice, it's really better to be safe than sorry :)

• You're welcome. :) Hope it goes great regardless of your attire. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You look stunning in the dress and your makeup and hairstyle in the pic suit the dress so perfectly! I am not sure if a blazer will look good with this type of dress, try it on, otherwise I think you should go in this way. You say it will be a very expensive high class restaurant so all the women there will be dressed up and you will look best! And the dress looks very classy so be brave and don't panic)

What Guys Said 20

• If you show up in this, you might get a raise! Damn that dress is HOT! It is formal, but sensual as well. Guys love that. So you're not looking too sexy, but you still have some sex appeal. I hate it when girls are frumpy and all stiff looking. Watch a James Bond movie and look at what the women wear to those formals and you'll think you're in a sweat suite. Trust me, this will turn heads and maybe attitudes in a good way.

• It looks fine.

• It's a fantastic dress, but that might be a little too risquΓ©. It depends on the company and the industry that it is in.

• It's a japanese company and their style is really autocratic oO

• I say go for it. Make a statement. You are good looking and can pull it off and it will definitely be memorable.

• Okay, thank you!

• Yes It will do and since your still a teen they won't expect you to dress top of the line anyway

• I agree with Dodger. It is pretty yes but maybe a blazer to cover the back. Japanes people are not quite like Westeners.

• I'm probably the wrong one to judge this but I can say that I like it a lot and you look amazing in it.
    I think it fits you very well especially because you are so tall 👍

• Dude you are stunning lol jeez. Not even trying to white knight here.

• Cardigan, scarf or shawl and you're set.

• What daring... If it is a formal dinner this dress is very elegant for it... If you like this dress and feel it's appropriate, then go for it

• I think the fabric is nice, but the back is to revealing. Maybe something that shows ankles a little more, and that hugs your body better. I think you make it look nice tho, buy another dress.. but I'm just a guy what do i know

• looks more like a maternity suit.

• First of all u look gorgeous so cute and hot , 2nd the dress looks so stunning on u that I can't even think for another dress for u

• Would look hot if you fit

• Nope, it's just fine

• I like it. Possibly with one of those lacing tops that often go with dresses maybe

• Where exactly are you going? How formal is the dinner? Are you going to Crown Casino or a Chinese restaurant?

• L. O. L.. You look good. I would not fret Dear.

• I think you look stunning and very beautiful in that dress. Go for it!

• Great dress

• OMg! Your doing you! I say do it! You look so empowered in those photos!

What Girls Said 23

• Nothing wrong with it.
    You look absolutely beautiful.

• The dress is beautiful and you will look Absolutely Amazing.
    However, being it Is for a 'Company formal dinner,' wear a little jacket just for good taste. You can Still show off the dress you Wear and no Will... Stare.
    Good luck, Good looking. xx

• You look beautiful! And like a model btw! 🙈🙉 I think its good for a formal dinner, maybe you can wear a light scarf over it ( black, golden, white, a reddish color but like that same tone ) and like that cover ur back if u will feel uncomfortable! ( I'm not sure if u know what I mean 😅 )

• If you added some type of shall or fur or something to throw over yourself it's perfectly appropriate. I love this dress by the way!

• It looks nice! I am not sure if it a causal or it some fancy place!

• it looks fine, but it's quite shapeless. it doesn't accentuate your figure at all.

• 1|0
  • I think it looks great on you!
    Also, I'm not judging your "ugliness" because you are faaaaarrrrr from ugly.

• You really suit the dress and it is formal so go for it jaha I wore a dress to prom with an exposing back and so what? 😂

• Bring a wrap, but yes. Looks awesome.

• Pretty dress and an even prettier color. =)

• Very beautiful, I think. I would bring a wrap or something.

• I think the dress looks very nice

• It's a lovely dress, and formal enough for the occasion. If you have problems with it, why not wear a jacket over it?

• You're right, the back is revealing.

In the setting you describe may I suggest wearing a jacket or shawl with it, covering the back & shoulders.

• I think it looks absolutely amazing on u

5 stars 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Maybe something more casual and shorter. The color looks fine but I don't think the length would work for your occasion. It looks almost too elegent. Pretty dress though and good luck!

• Oh yes, it's sexy and classy. 👌😍

• No it's not because your back is out. Do you have a jacket to put over it?

• Yes, I was thinking maybe a blazer?

• Yes, a blazer will do it. I love the dress, that's my fav color. Looks really nice on you!

• The dress looks really great. Also you are gorgeous not ugliness

• That's a gorgeous dress.

• Did she just say "ugliness"? You're flipping gorgeous!!! You look like a model!!!

• Haha I used to model in Europe actually & thank you!!

• Your welcome! 😊 oh and I like how the dress compliments your porcelain skin and it looks stunning on you!!

• Well thank you!
      Hopefully my boss & the CEO will actually think so too 😁

• Yeah sure, it looks fantastic on you.