Did I lose weight or did my perspective change?

For the last 10 years my parents have been telling me that I'm as ugly as trash and I used to agree with them. Today I looked at myself in the mirror and I realized that I am actually very pretty. The scale says I'm obese but my body does not look obese in my clothes - I look like your average girl because my body is all muscle which weights more than fat.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some of both? Sometimes as we grow older the realization starts to sink in that our worth as a msnnor woman revolves around so much more than that number on the scale; no matter what the number is. Cut your parents out of your life! No one deserves that kind of negativity.

What Guys Said 1

• we can't tell cause we don't have a picture, but if the scale says you're obese, you're most likely really fat.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you just changed your perspective and realized that your parents were just cruel and you didn't deserve to be treated like that. The scale is usually inaccurate, I don't trust them because I know when I look good and I can see change.

• Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't beautiful as you are. Not even your parents.

• Just telling you now... the only way your body is all muscle yet you're obese is if you're a bodybuilder who takes steroids... what's your body fat percentage?