Do girls care about how much a guy makes? Does it become a factor?

I mean, do girls care about how much money I make? I mean, do girls, rich or poor, really care how much a guy makes? Do they cave into social pressure, that they shouldn't date him just because he makes less dough than her or her family?

Most Helpful Girl

• Any decent girl isn't going to care about how much money you make regardless of if she makes more or if her family is wealthy. Sure, girls like to be spoiled every once in a while, but having drive is a much more attractive quality in a guy then money. Even if you aren't making a lot of money good work ethic and the desire to do well in life is going to get you a lot farther in the long run than the amount of money you may have...If a girl cares more about your money then you, then I promise you can find someone a lot better.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, it doesn't matter to me what he makes. I prefer that he be gainfully employed and hopefully have a steady job or profession. I work and provide for myself so his finances are immaterial in that respect.

• a pure heart girl wouldn't care. In a relationship is fine but in marriage the girl's parents do care. From my own personal experience, I don't really care as long as he has money to eat. Some girls do feel pressurized if a guy makes less money and expect a lot of things from him but I myself don't. All girls are different. Most girls do expect their guy to buy her gifts after gifts. That's why you might want to be a little aware of.

• A great girl who is independent would not care how much you make. As for me, as long as he has a decent and legal job, I'm okay with it because I work and I make my own money. Don't get me wrong, of course I enjoy a man to take me out and surprise me with things, but that doesn't have to be all the time. I think that if she's interested in just how much you make, then she's not a good woman. Now, of course, if you're trying to get sex out of it, then you shouldn't get upset if she's interested in the money. I know it sounds like I'm talking about a woman in terms of a "hooker" but it's simply an exchange. If guys are looking for sex, guys shouldn't be upset that women are looking for men who can provide for them (consequently, in terms of money).

• this is a reason why I broke up with my ex. girls can care for the guy no matter what, but when the time comes, and you actually see things clearly it's not that easy. I wanted to kno if my future was secure with him but it wasn't his education was lacking too. In a relationship one person doesn't want to be the only one making money and the other bein a slacker. I mean there's always jobs and education that will help

What Guys Said 4

• I live in a very wealthy area. I have friends with Bentlys, Maserati's, AMG Benz's and M series BMW's. From analyzing them especially at their mansion parties. Tons of hot girls are attracted to this level of lifestyle. It's a fact.

However, one of my closest friends who drives a Bently... he surprisingly doesn't get too many girls because he is very ugly and SHY. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm considered a pretty attractive guy. I once borrowed my friend's Range Rover with huge rims... and LITERALLY once girls saw me get in/out of the truck they would start random conversations with me, even walk ACROSS the parking lot to get at me. I remember once this girl hung up the phone with someone she was in a deep convo with and told me I was cute. I do get random complements from women few times a month, but with the range it was ridiculous. These women's age ranged all over from 17 to early 30's.

Money does make you more attractive, I don't care what women say. There are women that seriously do not care about money, but I feel like it's only about 30% of them at least in America. I own a small business (nothing serious yet) but whenever girls find out they tend to get even more attracted. I can recall their pupils dilating like crazy. I rarely tell girls that I'm an entrepreneur unless it's for networking.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that in early college I use to be really really poor. I didn't have a car until I was 20. But even then I would go to these mansion parties and lotsa girls liked me. In the end, if you know WHO you are, comfortable with being in your own skin... no matter even if you are a garbage man... you will get girls. It's just a little easier if you got money. :c) But if your broke, just work on your hygiene, clothing style and most importantly TRULY LOVE YOURSELF and you are good to go.

There use to be these 3 very attractive girls that were really sweet... but they would NOT date you unless you drove a BMW or Benz (Shallow huh?). However, 2 of them are dating my awesome but poor friends for few years now... one of them just got married few months ago.

• Everyone should care how much a person makes, no matter their sex, insofar as a relationship is concerned esp. if you want to have a future with that person. If you're asking if females care and make a huge deal of a few thousand a year? Not really, at least in general, but yeah if you're 28 working at BK bringing home nothing valuable you're not datea material particularly because you can't support a nice lifestyle.

That said, most 2-year degree jobs start at somewhere between $15 and $22/hr, and that's sufficient for most persons.

• money is always a factor. just make sure you have some source of income.

• hey green meebo sucks come to chat

i can't chat throw here lol