If you liked something that nobody else liked, would you still wear it?

So if you liked an article of clothing, pair of shoes, hair style, anything. And you really really liked it, even loved it, but then NOBODY else likes it or thinks you look bad in it, would you still wear it?

• Yes I would still wear it. I wear things for me and not other people
  • No I wouldn't wear it.. what's the point if everyone finds it ugly?
and people made fun of and picked on you

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely wear things that I like, regardless of the opinions of others. I also am prepared to receive negative feedback and attention from it too. My weakness is '80s fashion, and I love big hair (although I am too lazy to do anything cool with my hair) and anything with shoulder pads or bright colors, especially mixes of purple, teal and hot pink. I don't care how ridiculous I may look, I love it! I don't wear it all the time, as my '80s attire is all authentic and pretty old and I don't want to wear it out, and I also like comfy clothes, so I am usually found in jeans and a T-shirt.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• I am currently wearing a zebra print pair of footie pajamas. With a hood. And pockets.

So... if that answers your question...

• Yes, I'd still wear it. I don't give a flying f*ck if someone doesn't like my style. If I feel confident in what I am wearing, then I am going to wear it regardless of how others feel.

• I used to have this all blue jumpsuit that I looked absolutely horrendous in, but I loved it, so kept wearing it even though my brother would pick on me for it.

• Well, I mostly wear high wasted jeans and apparently, many people don't like them. However, I do not give a single shit so I still wear them because I personally love them.
    Sure, it's nice wearing stuff I know most people like and receiving compliments on them but it's better to wear something I trully like.

• Heck yeah, I mean it'd suck considering I may want to work in fashion but otherwise I would be true to myself and I wear things that are different from most people anyway (though in real life they're well-recieved)
    Some of my wonderful and perfect fashion sense if I do say so myself:
    https://wanelo.com/suchsmallh4nds/products

• If I listened to everyone telling me oh you can't wear all black I'd be here being all pink and girly
    But guess what
    I'm not xD

• If its comfortable I'll wear it.

• I already do that now.
    I don't think most people like anythjng I wear and I've had people make fun of my clothes. But fuck them, I wear what I want

• Yes I would. It's nice to get compliments but at the end of the day, I wear what I wear for me.

• If I realllllllllllllly liked it, then yeah definitely.

• Yeah, then when it becomes cool I'm like FUCK YOU BITCHES!
    😁

• duuuuhhhh do i look i care they could be judgey and boring somewhere else

What Guys Said 3

• Yes! I wear what I want for the most part, unless it's for something special like a wedding where there is dress code.

• Yeah. I wear a lot of band shirts, have long hair/beard, and wear jeans or camouflage a lot. I accept that the way I look probably stereotypes me as a church-burning Satan worshipper, but never stopped to give a fuck along the way.

• But did you ever stop to burn a church, is the question.

• LOL, well, thanks.

Not that a suit isn't still smashing for the right occasion, but, you are what you are. Like I said... #gymlife is the professional life for me (among other things), and I'm killin it.

I mean, my husband went a couple of summers without even so much as putting a shirt on.

• @redeyemindtricks Sounds fun, though my professors probably wouldn't appreciate my running around shirtless, haha.

• HELL YES! I would have the strength to push MY OWN STYLE!!!