Valentine's Day?

can I be p*ssed if the guy I'm dating

1. didn't plan anything

2. I text him "hvd" he responds 12 hrs later

seriously why does it take 12 hrs to respond?

I actually texted happy valentines day but I put up here "hvd" for short hand, and I texted it @ 11am hoping he'd wake up to it and it would make him smile
I guess I can't be mad at him when we didn't even discuss the day plus he was working, just kinda wish he did something instead of responding at midnight

Most Helpful Guy

• Valentines is just another day, cupid/eros was actually a god sent to stop anyone liking psyche and he himself fell for her... which isn't so much to do with love, more of a cop out. does sending someone a card one day of the year and buying useless crap show someone you care? of course not, there is no real thought there, its always card, chocolates and underwear all bought because he expects something in return. I'm sure he just doesn't feel that buying a piece of reinforced paper can sum up emotions.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think you should be p*ssed at all. That would be hypocritical. Just my quick thoughts:

1: Ok. He didn't plan anything. But you didn't plan anything either. Just because he's a guy doesn't mean he has to always take initiative. Maybe he doesn't see Valentine's Day as something that special. Don't be p*ssed because of this.

2: You texted him "hvd"?

... Wow, what a romantic person you are!

Seriously, if think that Valentine's Day is so special that your guy should have planned something, you should at least care enough to type "Happy Valentine's Day!".

About the long response time: Maybe his cell phone was dead. Again, if this is so important to you, if you care that much, why the hell didn't you just call him?

• If I received a text first thing in the morning saying HVD then I would think the sender is obviously trying to remind me that it's Valentines Day and that she expects to be showered with gifts and to be treated special. What's wrong with the special way I treat you everyday of the year and the random purchase of flowers or random acts of thoughtfulness...

Plus everything you buy for Valenties is overpriced crap. The food at the restaurant is triple the price and half the quality. The service is shocking and the day is overrated.

I personaly take my Girl out the weekend before. She gets a better meal. We get service with a smile. That makes me smile and she gets serviced. Win Win. . . lol

• All I really wanted was to spend time with him because its a long distance thing, now I didn't hear from him yesterday and it worries me that I did something wrong

• Well, no. 1. If he didn't know to plan anything, or had prior plans, then he's not obligated esp. if he's stated in some form that he doesn't even bother with the day; 2. I am not psychic, perhaps if he finds the day unimportant he doesn't seek to pursue the entire thing or just couldn't figure out what HVD means, it sounds like some medical code.

Well, yes. 1. He knew to plan something, but didn't, or knew you weren't going to and expecting it. He's obligated. 2. While still not psychic if you knew he had nothing else to do and had his phone all the day then he should have gotten back to you, albeit if you texted at 5 AM like a creeper I'd give leverage.

There's some scenarios, pick which fits best.

• Look you are only dating... And in America that means that it's not serious and its ok to date other people right?

Well it would appear to me that you may be smothering him. Ease of on the gas a little.

Here is the game plan. Do not contact him until he contacts you. If it takes over a week for him to contact you (this has to include the days he is not at work as these are the days he is most likely going to contact you) then I would say that he's just not that into you.

• don't find reasons to get mad at him...especially if he treats you right. It would be stupid to have relaitionship problems over something so trivial as this... I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down.

• text messaging should be taken with a grain of salt...its worst type of communication possible.

People have lives...maybe his phone died. Instead of texting why didn't you try calling him?

What Girls Said 3

• Well I didn't even know that HVD was shortform for Valentines, so maybe that was an issue? Or perhaps he is just busy. Guys don't see texting as a priority.

I know that Valentines day is supposed to be special. Every girl looks forward to the one day she can hope to be romanced and surprised. And I can totally understand your disappointment. But instead of getting mad. Maybe see if you two can make some sort of plans. When you expect things, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Be straight up with him. Maybe he doesn't know what to do or say. Valentines day is probably stressful for guys. They are expected to pay for the dinner or whatever you are doing. Buy you flowers, a present. Girls can get away with cooking food, or just giving them a card. And it isn't obvious to guys how important this day is to you. So I would really talk to him first before laying into him.

If he keeps up this non-caring about stuff that you care about, perhaps you need to find someone who is going to be more involved. But until then, try to be more understanding. I know it's hard.

• i'd be mad it shouldn't take someone 12 hours to text ya back, I'm kinda in the same boat I know how ya feel..

• sorry Hun but he's a man, and they do really forget. Mine did and I forgave him. Should Valentines Day REALLY big SUCH a big deal as people make it out to be?