Guys - body insecurities! Is this a big deal?

I am getting toned for summer.

And I know my boyfriend loves me but I am obviously NOT ready for bathing suit season...even though we have a while but still.

We have been going out for about 9 months and I just have so many insecurities about my body!

I just don't know what he is expecting and all.

I am still on medication to help me with some body acne, and I also have really thin skin (visible veins) and just messed up skin in general. I have have like hair (not that noticeable) on my chest (in between boobs - very thin and sparse but still) and my tummy.

I also have a really big blotchy port wine stain on my lower back and that is what is freaking me out the most. I mean when he sees it I just don't want him to point it out!

I am also getting sick of the fact that I have this one dark freckle on my thigh and leg.

OKAY I AM SELF CONSCIENCE! I mean the media has ruined me...

I am also like really pale and I have a large back and just an awkward body in general.

I am 16, 125 - 130 pounds and I am 5'6.

Just...I cannot explain it but my body is just ugly.

What Guys Said 1

• Girls in general are always insecure about their bodies. Just let your guy know you are insecure about your body, and forewarn him not to laugh or point anything out. If he's a nice guy, he'll understand and be kind about it. If he points anything out, it's probably out of curiosity and not to insult you. I'm sure you'll be fine, try not to worry about it, I'm sure he won't care. Plus it's the middle of winter, there is plenty of time get toned. I wouldn't worry, if he loves you, no bodily blemish should make him run.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you ever heard the joke,

When women step out of the shower, and look in the mirror, they think "ugh, I need to lose weight", "I need to tone up", "I need to do something about my acne", etc. When men step out of the shower, they think "Lookin' goood."

It's normal to be insecure as a woman, but it sucks. We're a lot prettier than we think. :D