Guys, Why are guys so attracted to girls who wear makeup?

Guys always seem to say that they like girls who don't wear makeup, but in reality, the girls they ask out almost always DO wear makeup? Why is this? Why do guys like girls who look artificial more than the girls who look natural? Why do guys care so much about appearance that they don't even want to get to know girls that they don't find incredibly attractive. I don't wear makeup because it makes me feel and look fake. It also bothers my skin and eyes a lot because I have really sensitive skin and eye pain.

• Makeup more attractive
    47% (8)
  • No makeup more attractive
    53% (9)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the person, i prefer women to wear their natural skin, but if they want to wear make up, go for it. sometimes make up can add beauty, but isn't that what its supposed to do? but i prefer women who dont wear make up, shows stronger confidence in their own skin. which is, to me most attractive. also make up wouldn't hurt on special occations, just for change of pace. but i see women who often over do it and it looks just crappy.

What Guys Said 6

• Makeup obviously makes people look better if used properly. Most guys probably say that because of how bad too much makeup looks. A lot of girls also use makeup to basically look like a different person which guys hate. Makeup should be used to bring out features you have not make you look like someone else.
    So really it's usually the too much makeup girls and non-makeup girls who are thought to be unattractive when compared to those who apply the right amount of makeup properly.
    I mean, it's makeup so what do you expect? It's designed to make people look better.
    If I were you I would a least wear mascara to bring out your eyes (most girls who don't really wear makeup do this). Although there's nothing wrong with not wearing any it's just men prefer a little bit of makeup and you'll have to accept that.

• Because all others pale by comparison.

• There are plenty of us out there that prefer no makeup, trust me.

• I like girls who wear a moderation of make-up. I can't stand bleached skin and an orange face from foundation.

A little is great.

• Because you're 16 years old

• i noticed that mostly just quite pretty girls wear that much makeup u could complain about it - so if she's pretty under the makeup too there is no difference