Cardigan style, okay or not?

Would you wear a fitted cardigan alone like just over a bra or not? I saw a few types of fitted cardis online and it seems as if the models are wearing them just by themselves with jeans or dress pants. It actually looks much more cleaner in my opinion, without layering anything under, and paired with a pearl or an otherwise nice necklace makes for a very retro- but casual /elegant look! Could be even a good outfit for work. Obvioulsy not on a day when its super cold but I would think like it would be good to pair with black dressy pants for an occasion or to school when it's not 0 outside... opinions? I bought a few just to try!

Most Helpful Guy

• I googled a few images and I think it should be okay for you

Most Helpful Girl

• I have worn the fitted types alone before. Its a great alternative to layering! But yes not when its super cold. I know the look you are going for and it can look very sleek and not bulky with layers. The necklace is a great idea to compliment as well. Dress pants and a fitted cardigan is a great look too! If wearing without anything under consider a few things- make sure your bra can not be seen (obviously!) so wear the closest color bra under. Make sure the spaces between buttons in the front are not too wide so you can see skin peeking through. Consider the length of the sweater. You don't want it too long but also not too short. I'd go for a sweater that falls slightly over the waist of your pants. Make sure when sitting that you don't have too much skin exposed in the back and sides showing between the sweater and your pants. Under 1 inch showing while sitting is ideal, anything over and you'll be freezing and it looks less elegant! Too long of a sweater will look sloppy. its a compromise but super comfy if its not too cold out but still sweater weather. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• A month ago I bought a new black cardigan online. And I had no idea how to combine it with my clothing. But I found a lot of interesting outfit ideas on the Internet. My fav look is a white t-shirt, leggings, black leather boots and a black hat. Stylish and urban.

• No, I always layer something underneath, cardigans are meant as a layering piece.