Why do you think Victoria's Secret doesn't have a plus size line?

They'd get more business. Why do you think they don't?

Most Helpful Guy

• Their brand image relies on the fact that most women aren't small enough to wear their products, so they aspire to wear them and empower those that do.

If Ferrari made a $30,000 car, they could get more business and everyone could have a Ferrari. However, that would be brand suicide.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because Victoria's Secret is based off an illusion, something almost unattainable. If you introduce normal or plus size bodies into that then it loses the allure and mystery... hence "the secret".

What Guys Said 13

• They simply appeal to a certain crowd. Getting more business doesn't always equate to more money in the long run. Its quality of business not quantity (unless your in the volume bases business)

Like why are models always good looking, or why does hooters girls generally have nice breasts, or do you ever see elite fancy clubs having unattractive people working there.

Simply, like diesel (for the successful) they appeal to a certain crowd willing to pay for VS products based on the image they project, sexy good looking women.

• I didn't know that and I must admit I am surprised but I used to go out with a girl who had large fake boobs and she found it nearly impossible to find lingerie bras plus when she did they were very expensive. Maybe the cost would be too much for the customers of course that said if they changed their range they could probably produce them cheaper - Short answer I just don't know

• They want their stuff to always look good, I don't mean that badly but you don't have high end fashion for fat people either.

• Probably for an air of prestige and standard. They want customers to think if you're shopping at victoria secret it's cause you're hot stuff which makes them want to buy it more. Plus size might break the illusion.

• Because bigger girls aren't the business I guess they're all about models and celebrities you know women with society's view of beauty.

• I thought they did (after caving to SJW pressure), but if they don't, it's because it would dilute the brand image that VS has built up -- that is, their clothes are for smokin' hotties.

Plus-sized women aren't smokin' hotties. Therefore, if they catered to plus-sized women, it would no longer be just for smokin' hotties, and the smokin' hotties would have to go somewhere else to form their exclusive club.

• Those companies have spent great effort and money convincing women that sexy looks a certain way. While I think it's unfortunate, I can see why they'd rather not tinker with that formula.

• Because that's not their target market. If they choose to enter that market they might as well buy a company in it. Like Lane Bryant.

• I don't know... seems like a poor business model though. Likely owned by a pair dudes or models that only think women come in just few sizes!

• BECAUSE PLUS SIZED ISN'T A TREND!!1

• Bexause its only for hot chicks ha

• they dont have 42E bras?

• Because most sexy models are fit and tone. That's why... in my opinion

What Girls Said 7

• They don't do it just like a lot of brand. Bras meant for large breast don't represent well their image.
    It's like h&m, they have bras for D cup but the don't maintain for shit. I have to buy bra that cost 40€ if I want what I need.
    I'm not fat, I'm normal but happen to have large breast and it's so hard to find good bra that are sexy and not meant for grandmas.

• They have a reputation to uphold- that they don't cater to anyone who is over-sized...
    That's my best guess.

• Because their models are all skinny skinnies. Either you have the body, or don't. I know, it's pretty messed up, but I think there are petitions out there that you sign up for plus size lines. Hope it helped.

• They used to. Limited Brands, the parent to VS Used to also own Lane Bryant but sold them off in 2002to focus on their main lines.

• yes, it's business strategy, and also, marketing strategy. THey're smart, they move a step ahead from being attacked by possible feminist or organization that saying the business is discriminate woman's size or what-so-ever. Plus, women feel more appreciated by this, so more people will trust and choose VS for their first choice lingerie/bra

excellent move

• andd... I just realized I wrongly read the question. LOLZ, bad move bad bad move ;p

• I'd think they would be in trouble when saying a certain size is plus sized because than women take offense if they are bigger or that size. I don't quite understand either I mean they have almost every size bra in their stores but they don't advertise it as much.

• it what makes their brand unique I guess