IS it really so rare for women to wear skirts or dresses nowadays?

I don't see it as that rare at all, but a lot of the guys I talk to say it's the most intriguing thing to see since it's so rare. IS it really that rare nowadays?

• Yes, it's rare.
  • Nah... not rare at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems rare. In Asia women wear skirts end dresses all the time. Even winter. I think it looks really good

Most Helpful Girl

• It's less commercial n in the winter, but I think it is normal to wear them in the spring and summer.

What Guys Said 19

• Dresses just don't look comfortable, no way I'd wear them if I were a girl...

Besides, figure hugging pants are sexier than a skirt.

• Yeah, very, very rare, and incidentally very hot and attractive a lot of the time (on a nice-looking lady), waaaaay more so than trousers.

• I wouldn't say rare, but jeans/pants/shorts are more common.
    I prefer skirts and dresses though, I love when a girl dresses that way.

• It may be cultural but here in Belgium it's not rare... roughly 30 to 40% of the ladies wear either a skirt or a dress.
    What is possible, of course, is that a specific girl rarely wears them. Either because she know her legs are not beautiful, or because she doesn't like pantyhose and without is too cold :o

• Depends on who you run with. Most of the girls I know have at least, "a slinky little black something" they wear in some incredibly sexy ways. e. g. with painful looking but oh such a turn on Jimmy Choos fuck me heels, with either very sexy lingerie or better yet, include nude legs. Girls that can pull that look off are so much hotter than that aberration, pantyhose, of course elegant often being simple - nothing at all.

Girls make everything, especially the world, better

• No, I don't think so.

• I wouldn't say it's rare, but certainly less common. Dresses in particular. Lots of younger girls wear mismatched skirts and tops, which isn't a great look.

I suppose dresses are still pretty common on the clubbing scene most likely, but that's not my cup o' tea.

• Unfortunately -_- and I o so love that classy but simple look women had in the late 30s all the way up until the 70s.

• Not rare enough, I actually prefer girls in skinny jeans, shorts and tight sweatpants ;)

• I would say rarish - That is a lovely dress in photo

• was in class w/ a girl last quarter who'd wear skirts/dresses most of the time.

she stood out, cuz no one else did.

• I do see these kinds of things more in commercials and magazines than I do in every day life.

• I don't know about "rare" but it's less common yes.

• Well I don't stare but i will admit it's becoming less and less common everyday

• Where I live, yes it's not very common.

• saw quite a lot during summer... so I don't think it's that rare. especially skirts.

• I think girls now days wear short shorts or leggings to replace the skirt

• I've noticed it's only for special occasions now, like parties, clubbing or interviews.

• Wear I live in the spring and summer is when I see a lot if women wear skirts and dresses

What Girls Said 26

• I have an entire drawer of skirts, but it has to be warm enough to wear them!

• Maybe not "rare", but not as everyday as it perhaps once was. I work in a business office, so it's required, but it's not a problem as that's how I prefer to dress anyway.

• Lol, it's not rare at all. I still wear dresses and skirts a plenty. Well, not much now but that's cause I'm not really a dress and skirt kind of person. I wear them often enough, but that's because I can't change into a different set of clothing after I walk out the door for school despite me regretting instantly that I wore a skirt or dress. I don't wear them much during the winter, but I wear them during the spring/summer months.

• Well it is winter right now... But I do wear pencil skirts during this time of year anyways. I loveeee dresses and skirts thou, wear them all the time.

• Well I wouldn't say it's rare but we certainly don't wear them as much as we wear pants/bottoms. I wear dresses occasionally in the summer other wise dresses are only really ever warn to clubs, church, weddings, and funerals.

• nah I see it all the time just not classy dresses!

• Noo, I dress in skirts & dresses almost daily. I find it more comfortable than jeans tbh.

I dress like this and I don't think it's very uncommon:
    http://uploadpie.com/KJVX fhttp://uploadpie.com/dLI2e

• I must confess to being a skirt and dress girl for the majority of time.

• I love to dress up like this :). Honestly if it was not so cold in winter I would just wear dresses and skirts all year :D

• Nah, I don't think it's rare. I wear dresses and skirts when the weather is warm and my sister is a huge dress/skirt fanatic and buys them even in the winter. But yea, where I live I see plenty if girls wearing dresses/skirts when it's warm out, but now it's all about them booty shorts unfortunately.

• When I was in high school and even summer school girls would wear freaking jeans and sweaters even though it was June and July. I would walk through the hallways and literally I'd be the only girl wearing a skirt or dress. But whenever you go to the mall or something outside of school I notice a lot more older ladies wearing skirts and dresses. I don't know my city is weird.

• nah its not rare at all to wear dresses and skirts these days

• It's not rare, but women do wear dresses a lot less, which is normal ofcourse since a dress is often just not practical. You can't really sport with it or walk in freezing weather

• many have done so for centuries.. stockings.

• @COCOCHANEL I live in Europe and except for the UK, people often don't wear school uniforms. I actually bike an hour per day since that's my only way of transportation. Skirts are not useful.

• that's not what i heard from friends in eastern Europe

• Majority of women I know wear skirts and dresses including me

• Weird, now I think about it I very rarely wear skirts or dresses. It's always long shorts, leggings, jeans or trousers. I only wear dresses for certain occasions. So I suppose it is kind of rare.

• Nope, I wear dress all the time, well on weekends when I'm not working or playing. I usually wear sundresses and boots :)

• No, it's not rare. It's just not comfortable for a lot of us. I feel more comfy in a cute shirt and shorts than a long dress.

• I don't understand how it is rare.

• My favourite things to wear are either skirts / dresses with tights or short-shorts and tights... obviously not around the house though.

• I wear dresses 90% of the time, so nope.

• I think so. I've only ever known one person who preferred to wear skirts all year round.

• when i lived in america i NEVER saw women wearing dresses or skirts

• I can only speak for myself & what I see in my small corner of the country.
    I don't remember the last time I wore a dress or skirt.

• Nope. I wear them all the time.

• I wear dresses/skirts more often than any other type of clothes.

• those guys don't know what they're talking about, every girl wears skirts and dresses