Should I get my hair chemically straightened?

I have EXTREMELEY frizzy, curly, HUGE hair! It's awful:/ I can barely do anything with it, it's not manageable at all! No one truly understands how bad it is, it takes me over an hour to straighten, and it takes 3-4 hours to fully air dry! And 30-45 minutes to fully blow dry. I can't put it in a pony tail bc it is too frizy at the roots, and too poofy, and curly so my pony tail will look like a big poof ball. And I am not interested in hair gels, curling mousse, or anything like that. I have tried them and I hate them, I hate having the feeling of it in my hair and I am not that fond of curly hair in the first place. If I want to style it or do anything to it I have to straighten it first, if I want to put it in a pony tail I have to straighten it, if I want to curl it I have to straighten it, and etc... I am getting sick and tired of putting so much effort into my hair its just annoying. And it's too much for me to deal with.

I want to get my hair chemically straightened because I figured it would be easier, and so I wouldn't have to spend so much time doing my hair. Because sometimes I will have to wake up earlier than planned to fix it. I even straighten it before I go swimming, which doesn't make much since I will be getting it wet but I will look ugly if I go with my natural hair.

sorry I misspelled extremely wrong!

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't know that you could chemically straighten hair. Is that permanent?

I used to straighten my hair (with heat) but I don't usually bother with it anymore because if there's any rain/moisture/humidity/sweat then it curls back up. My hair stays relatively straight when it's short though.

Most Helpful Girl

• ssssshhhhhhhhhhssshhhhh no more no sense you'll regret it every curly haired girl including myself has hated it it was awful honestly its not worth it its really not my hair didn't even get straight it didn't work even on the other girls it was still hard to maintain and i couldnt wait for my natural to grow back and smother myself in my curls just have healthy hair again EMBRACE YOUR CURLSSSSSS do how many girls will kill for you hair curly hair its very trendy too think about you have the look most girls try to achieve and you were born with that look

i still have 1 xper level so i can't link you to any youtube videos but really with ALL MY HEART i suggest you learn to handle it and embrace by watching some youtube videos oils and creams are the best thing for your hair by the way all the gels and mousses ain't shit but lies and make your worse and crunchy

What Guys Said 1

• You should do it, try some fresh thing. it's good

What Girls Said 2

• You should try the Keratin treatment. It's a Brazilian hair treatment that makes the hair, straighter, shinier, and healthier. It contains ingredients that are really good for the hair. For best results, go to a hair salon and wash your hair with the shampoo that your hair stylist recommends. I have tried the Keratin hair treatment and I loved it. I guarantee you it's excellent for frizzy hair.

• My friend did it, she said she loved it but her hair started to fall out really bad.