How do you feel about the plus size female body movement and do you feel the same way about the male body positivity movement?

I am own a clothing line and I am looking for new ideas to make clothing.

I need to know what people think about me using bigger female and male models.

I also need to know if the men on this site want clothes that fit them better. Are your clothes too slim or too big?

Same for women.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's great to cater to people of all body types. You'll always get people who say it "supports obesity", but the thing is, is that some people are just build big or have diseases that prevent them from losing weight. I think it would be amazing if there were more plus sized clothing options for men.

• Read the full question.

• I did... but unfortunately I'm not personally plus sized myself so it'd be difficult for me to elaborate on plus sized clothing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they are pointless. The movements try to make overweight people believe they are equally as attractive as people with more balanced or toned physiques when the reality is most people don't feel that way. The movement doesn't change the fact that most people don't want an overweight partner.

Balance is ideal, people with physiques that are balanced will appeal to the broadest demographic. The further you are at either extreme the less appeal you will have.

I'd feel the same way about the male body positivity movement if one actually existed.

• The male body positivity movement does exist. You simply have a selective bias. You would rather read about women then men.

• That is exactly why you can't say there isn't a male body positive movement. You literally discredited yourself.

• Maybe I was wrong to say it doesn't exist but I've definitely heard way more about the female body movement than the male one. So I assumed maybe incorrectly that its either non-existent or at the very least it doesn't get as much media attention.

What Girls Said 5

• It doesn't matter what people think about it. What matters is finding market share so you can sell your clothes. Since the male and female plus size fashion communities are underserved its just good business sense to provide that service.

• Provide what? Plus sized clothing? That is still a general statement. I need to ascertain what plus sized women want specifically in their clothing along with men. That is what the full question asked.

• Lol do you even know what trolling is?

• Ohhhhh I see now you're not a very stupid person. You're a very bored person. Be funny next time you decide to troll darling. It's the least you can do.

• I think the best would be to have models of normal weight, but manufacture clothes for all shapes and sizes. A model is someone you look up to, so it would make sense to use women and men of healthy weight.

Then, it would be best to have sizes and cuts for all sizes and shapes. I mean, not only for skinny and fat people, but also for tall and short, or even different body shapes, so that everyone will be able to find clothes in your shop.

• I'm skinny and short and can rarely find anything. Please I'm begging you make small clothing for girls!! The only places that fit without being big at all is Pacsun and Brandy Melville. Please be an angel and make some clothes that fit me but are cheap and stylish? I really want a plaid shirt but they're all insanely big.

• You're asking two different questions. Which one are you wanting us to ask?

• Pointless because people complain no matter what

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly I think is ridiculous, "plus size" was coined to market fat, that's all it really is. I guess you're better off taking advantage of it as a business owner, but in reality I don't see anything positive in try to sell the idea that being a fat person an easily be put next aside people with average/fit body types. Obesity is a condition, not a body type, and most people don't want to be with an obese person or be obese themselves. It's delusional but hey, as long as it sells right?

• obese people prefer to buy online.

avoids the embarrassment, and most places don't have their size.

• Read the full question.

• Hey if you want to still play with trolley mctrollerson that's fine but I'm out.

• @BellePepper no one's trolling.. you questioned me w/ your usual nonsensical logic. i was speaking to the asker.

• Fuck the plus sized models. They're all just lazy