Do clothes really affect whether you look at a guy or not?

If so what sort of clothing style or whatever makes you initially notice a guy? I'm only asking because I got a new jacket and I feel like I keep getting looks from girls more often now. its like this jacket has powers or something its crazy. Do clothes really make the difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they do. Remember pants on the ground guy from american idol? I feel the same way about guys with their pants hanging on the ground as he does, it looks ridiculous and it makes whoever's wearing them look like an idiot who doesn't have enough sense to go put a belt on. But yeah, I definitely take into account how guys are dressed especially when I go out on the weekends. If you show up to the bar in jeans and some random T-shirt I'm not gonna think too highly of you. I was at the bar the other week and there was some guy there in a ninja turtle t-shirt and all I could think was wtf. Generally I think guys look best in jeans (jeans that fit) and button down shirts, whenever I go out and I see a guy wearing that I just think it looks good and like the guy at least cares about how he looks when he goes out. I think how you dress says a lot about you.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't say clothes make a difference to me that much. I mean, attractive is attractive. ;D Unless they're wearing something really really bad I don't think it would negatively influence me. BUT, clothes can DEFINITELY help, and sort of make me like a guy more, if he is wearing something I like. If he is wearing something nice I would be more interested in him. I think it;s mainly where I live though, because no guys here dress that well, so if I see a guy that does it catches my attention and definitely makes him seem more attractive.

So yeah, clothing efinitely makes a difference initially, but in the long run I don't care all that much.

• I think it does. The way you dress says a lot about you. Also, you might feel more confident when wearing certain clothes and that attracts people.

• Yeah it does but it's more their overall and general style, not just a jacket.

• Well yeah, overall style...of course...but you don't understand the difference since this jacket fell into my hands...it inexplicable

• Girls do take in notice men's clothing so yeah it does make a difference how you present yourself.

• YEAH TO ME IT DOES. IF A GUY KNOWS HOW TO DRESS AND ROCKS THE LATEST CLOTHES IM MORE LIKELY TO NOTICE HIM. YEAH IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THAT DONT MEAN THAT I AM SHALLOW AND WOULDNT EVER LIKE A GUY THAT ISNT FRESH 24/7 BUT I'D BE LYING IF I SAID IT DIDNT HELP

• Girls like a guy with a sense of style, it contributes to your overall physical appearance. So your new jacket must be pretty fly.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know what it is exactly, but no matter what a guy wears, I'm simply not interested in looking at him. I've seen guys dressed in fine attire of every description, and even some dressed up like women, but it makes no difference, it just ain't happenin.

• Hahah well obviously if your a heterosexual male I wouldn't expect you to be interesting in looking at him...that should go without saying

• Yes clothes contribute to your overall appearance. As to what style girls prefer, well that depends on the girl and what her tastes are.