What signs do I look for and how can I tell?

Alright, I like this woman, but I have know idea if she knows and if she even likes me. I have no clue as to what I am doing when it comes to flirting and can't tell if a woman is flirting with me. I made some homemade food and took it to her when I had visited her at work. We don't know each other very well (use to be co-workers) and I don't know if she is seeing someone or if she is single and looking. When I gave her the food she was very surprised and thankful, which is understandable because I would be the same way if someone did something nice like that for me. Now here is where I am confused and lost... When she was talking to me she was standing somewhat closer than she had done in the past and when we were talking both of us would break eye contact often (I had noticed that she would glance up and down periodically). Now being in the type of profession that she is in, she would normally do her job (unless I had questions she wouldn't need to talk to me again) and let the technicians carry out any further duties. She had actually done some of the duties of the technicians (having to deal with me more) and continued to thank me for the food... Right before I left, the tech had told me to call this girl if I needed anything or had questions for her and told me her days off. That has never happened before and I have been to her work several times. Does anyone have any answers that may shed some light on this?

I don't want to make the mistake of thinking she was flirting if she wasn't and I don't know if she told the tech to tell me to call her... Kind of at a crossroad here.
I called her yesterday, but I didn't have a real question to ask her... I had asked her something really simple and something that I already knew the answer to. The first thing that she had said was, of course, how I was and said that she had brought...
some of the food, which I had brought her, for lunch and she loved it. I felt kind of awkward because I wanted to chat more with her and it seemed like she wanted to chat a a little herself, but I rushed into the question a little sooner than I wanted to
Should I try calling her again sometime next... My dog has another appointment with her in a couple of weeks and to be honest, I don't want to wait that long to talk to her again, though I don't want to come off as a weirdo or anything...
what should I do?
I want to avoid from freezing up like I did...

Most Helpful Girl

• It definitely sounds to me like she's interested in you too. Us girls sometimes get a little nervous too, when we're liking you and trying not to appear too anxious. I'd wait a couple of days and then ask her for a casual date. The next time she mentions the food you brought her, say something like this..." oh, I'm glad you liked it. If you liked that food, I have another place that makes awesome (whatever), and I'd love to take you sometime?" Girls love to eat at nice places, and asking her like that keeps things on a real relaxed level. She won't feel "rushed upon." Then, when you take her out, you can feel things out and see what kind of vibe you get coming off of her. This whole situation sounds so cute. I hope it works out for you.

• Thanks for the advice... I actually saw her today and asked her if she would like to grab some coffee or a drink after work one day. We talked for a few and she had mentioned the food again, but I am so new to this sort of stuff I don't know what to do!! Right before I left I had asked her about a hanging out, casual as friends was implied, she told me she would let me know cause she usually like to get home (has pets) and lives about an hour away from work. how do I handle this?

What Girls Said 5

• you sound quite meticulous. hey the fact they know her schedule is no big deal but I mean who knows. she might just be putting a professional front up at work because she wants to be professional but you never know. she could be thinking the same things you're thinking...why not just go to coffee or lunch together? lol. yeah call her up.

• Sounds like you're making progress. Getting home straight after work and having to deal with pets are real "issues" for some people. Maybe try for an informal lunch date. That might work better for her schedule right now. Hang in there, you're doing good.

• you should call her since the tech told you to if you had questions. Then you will find out for sure if she is interested in you by the tone of her voice and your conversation when you speak with her. If the conversation seems open, ask her if you could call her again sometime. she will say no if she is taken or not interested.There is no point in stalling this thing. You don't know if he is single or not. The sooner you find out the better!

• You should wait until the appointment with the Dog and say how you enjoyed the short conversation that you had on the phone. Try to remember what you all talked about, so you can revert it back to her. She will like that you remembered something she said or talked about (no matter how short or awkward it was). Ask her if you can continue the convo over coffee sometime. If she says yes, then you should call her again to make plans.

• Thanks for the advice... all of this is new to me, I haven't ever dated before and don't want to screw this up...

• I agree. I think you should ask her if she wants to grab a drink or catch a movie or something aftr work one evening. Just make it casual, nothing formal. Worst case she'll say no thank you but really at this point, what have you got to lose. At least then you'll know where you stand with her. Good luck! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Dont hit on somebody at work...or at their job. Ask her where she goes after work and if she would like to join you for a cocktail or some happy hour. And quit giving her food at work...what if she got sick and it wasn't from the food. She would prob blame teh food and there you go -- your out.

• Fortunately she enjoys the food very much because I use to bring food to work all the time when, not just for her but everyone... Your advice seems like poor advice, but thanks for trying.

• Ya...asking her out after work for a drink or food is a bad idea (rolling eyes). Ok then try this Bobby Flay: Make her a 5star meal, candlelight, wine, the whole shebang......ask her over for that and see how that works for a first date.