Girls, is it okay if a guy wears pink and other bright colors?

So I've noticed recently that I've been drawn go pink and other bright colors. I have a lighter skin tone and I really think they compliment that as opposed to dark colors. I still like and wear dark colors, but I've been trying to branch out and wear bright things. Is there a problem with this or is it weird? I know society would say I'm gay, which is inaccurate. How can I incorporate more of these colors into my wardrobe?

11

What Girls Said 10

• Hot pink looks absolutely fan-fuckin'-tastic on most complexions to start with, but it looks even better on boys who wear it with a flippant disregard for what the haters will say.

The world needs more of that. And less beige. Beige should be a crime, or at least a tort.

Pastel pink, eeeehhh, I could take that or leave it.

• If you want to wear bright colours, honey, go right ahead.

My grandfather is from the generation where men were allowed and encouraged to wear colours, so he does and he is incredibly stylish. The man is 76 and one hell of a sharp dresser.

My father, on the other hand, has to be coaxed into wearing colours (despite looking better in them) because his generation thinks it's "gay". He'll wear purple, green and blue. This is a vast improvement, believe it or not.

• I really enjoy being "colorful" so to speak. Bright colors also seem to really improve my mood and I feel good about myself.

• Hey man, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Yeah we all like what we like haha There isn't anything anyone can do about it.

• Do whatever you want, I think it'll look good :)

• its ok. I like to see guys in certain shades of pink sometimes. Also, you could try orange, yellow, green and blue. All very nice colors

• No wearing brighter colors doesn't make you gay at all. Honestly masculinity is so fragile now a days. But if your wear shit and tie. Do a fun color tie. Nice bright button up or collar shirt. Some fun socks... Pretty much anything, as long as your not looking like a clown

• Awesome! Thank you so much for your advice! My wardrobe is a little boring so I definitely want to include some more exciting colors. Would they make me more appealing?

• Need more men like you

• Can I message you? I just want more fashion advice

• 0|0
  • You are perfectly good, it's not weird to see a guy wearing bright colors anymore, it even became a trend, so just go shopping choose some pink, green, yellow and make it work! :p

• You can wear whatever color you'd like. It's about how comfortable you feel.

• Yep of course i like.
    Please guys wear bright colours!

• I think it's fine.