Formal!!! what to wear?

So formal is coming up I'm going with a bunch of friends and I dislike dresses because I'm a big girl so I feel very uncomfortable when I wear them... So I got a nice fancy shirt and jeans and heels would it be bad is I wore that?

Its winter formal... it's like homecoming
My outfit so far consists of a nice bergandy colored shirt black Jeans/pants and black heels

Most Helpful Guy

• jeans? no.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would ask your friends what they are wearing to get a feel for how formal the even will be. I would imagine that jeans probably wouldn't work for a winter formal but they may at yours. If you would rather not wear a dress, then I don't think you'd want to wear a skirt but that's always an option. Another option might be a nice jumpsuit or romper. I've seen some that look really nice and might make you feel more comfortable. If you do want to wear pants, I would recommend black dressy pants with a shirt that has a striking feature.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Jeans won't work. What do you feel you dislike about dresses and how formal are we talking? Like Homecoming or Prom?

• Can you wear a maxi skirt with the shirt? If it formal, jeans might make you stand out... not necessarily in a good way.
    Even black pants maybe

• You might look uncomfortable because everyone else is wearing dresses and asking you why you aren't. Wear a dress, you'll look fine