Do you think makeup is deceiving?

Im not talking about a natural look. I mean full face makeup like with contoured cheekbones to make the face seem slimmer, or long dark eyelashes with perfectly highlighted facial feautres and eyeshadow (pictures below). Do you think makeup gives false expectations about the true beauty of someone or do you not mind it if the person feels more confident with it on? What do you think about the phrase "makeup is the reason why you should take a girl swimming on a first date"? I personally dont find it deceiving at all and that people should wear it for themselves to make themselves feel confident, but im curious about other opinionsDo you think makeup is deceiving?

Most Helpful Guy

• Must admit I've dated a few women where I really wish they kept their make-up on in the bedroom. It's like, "Wow, she's gorgeous, I'm really into her."

Then, when it comes night time, she takes off her make-up and wants to elevate things and I feel like I'm looking at a different face than the one I was falling for during the date. It's kind of a shallow confession, but it's not just about beauty but also about familiarity, like this was the face I was looking at the whole date. I'm not so horrible that I'll refuse to sleep with her on that account, but it is a bit disappointing when that happens.

That said, the make-up definitely can work. Deceptive or not, it definitely catches my attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, no. The reason I say no is because makeup is a very visible clear alteration. When I see a girl with heavy makeup, I know she doesn't look like that naturally. I think if you get with a girl who constantly has heavy makeup, you need to be prepared for the fact that she isn't going to be this doll-like perfect creature when she takes it all off. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I can spot contour, I can spot overdrawn lips, and so on. It's easy enough to see it's "fake" so it's not deceiving to me.

What Guys Said 8

• Every girls needs make up, no matter they are pretty or not, makeup made for girls. They need it.

• Let's put it this way: all the pics on the right would get my attention. All the pics on the left wouldn't get a first glance.

• exactly! which is why I go outside with my face looking like on the left.

• The pictures differences are more from Instagram filters than makeup in my opinion

• What is this stuff and where can I get some...

• Yes it is. It is the equivalent of a man padding his wallet with paper for a gold digger. Good looking without is a plus. The makeup should be a bonus.

• Yes, it makes girls look way better than they really are

• to a certain extend, yes

• Too much? Yes. A little and discreet? No

What Girls Said 11

• Well sure it is, but there's a reason women have been using it for centuries if not longer. Now that makeup has become the norm, it's very difficult for a woman to compete without it. Physical attractiveness is very important in our "mate strategy." Men have also decided as a rule, that they'd prefer a woman to wear makeup and sometimes look like the women on the right (especially during initial attraction), than to never wear it and always look like the woman on the left.

Also as @JSmuve admitted, because most girls have upped the ante with makeup, the girls on the left won't even get a look.

• of course it is, but THATS THE POINT. anyone who doesn't understand that clearly doesn't get the point of a full face of makeup.

• to be frank, i won't like it to have that much makeup on my face but to the others that does makeup like that, it's their passion, ways on feeling confident. you can't stop them, it's like telling someone to stop looking good for themself. they put on loads of makeup to hide their flaws, so they can feel a lot more confident walking in public especially those who has skin problems. people hate on people who has skin problems, who wears makeup. we can never shut people's mouth. each people has their own way on feeling confident so we shouldn't get in their way.

• I do whatever I want. If I want wear make-up than so be it!

• If they're going to cake that much on, yes, it can be... But the last girl really doesn't look all that different... And the pic on the right is a close up... so... things will be bigger. xD

• I do think it's deceiving. That being said, if a girl wants to wear it then be my guest. She can rock it. But she's not putting her real self out there. When a before and after looks like two different people... you ARE decieving people.

• Sort of but everyone knows when you have on makeup. I tend to use makeup only on special occasions. I dont think its bad as it helps us with those problem areas. I like makeup but I dont worship it or use it everyday

• Yes, it is deceiving. It hides the true appearance of the person.

de·ceive
    dəˈsēv/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: deceiving
    (of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.

• No.
    They still look like the same people.

• Yep

Filler

• No because the makeup, like clothes, is showing the person's personality through style