Girls, How do I get started on make-up?

How do I get started on make-up?
How much money should I invest?
What if I have an allergic reaction?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to someplace like Macy's. The girls there will help with your skin tones and show you techniques.

What Girls Said 6

• it kinda goes like this:

1. know ur skin tone
    2. know what colours work best with it.
    3. know the sensitivity of ur skin. can u handle chemicals, or will u stick to minerals?
    4. pick a brand u like. do some research and see which ones have a high reputation, and are also affordable. no point overspending if u don't know ur stuff.
    5. figure out which areas u wanna fix or enhance.
    6. ask professional advice in person.
    buy products and try them out. if u need help, youtube vids are very helpful.
    7. practice practice practice =]

• I would begin with assessing which part of your face you wish to correct or enhance. Got lovely but short eyelashes? I'd invest in mascara. Have skin discoloration? Try foundation or concealer.

I'd begin with drugstore makeup so that you have an inexpensive way to experiment with makeup. Become familiar with your skin tone, undertones, eye color, eye shape, etc. YouTube tutorials and Instagram videos also help. Even if you don't know what those girls are doing, you do pick up on a few tips.

Try messaging me and I'll answer any specific questions you have and I'll help you out with which colors/what will be flattering if you're comfortable with sending me a selfie :)

• First of all, the best way to become good at applying makeup is by watching YouTube videos. Most girls these days learn this way. As far as purchasing makeup, I would start with more affordable drugstore brands. Start slow. Buy bb or cc cream instead of concealer and foundation, at first. For eye makeup, I would purchase mascara and some pencil eyeliner. Starting slow this way will make sure you are not spending a ton of money just to realize you have an allergy, or otherwise. Once you have become comfortable with these basics, go ahead and start playing with things like eyeshadow etc. How much money you invest is up to you, but for a beginner, starting slow is the smartest way. Once you start using things like eyeshadow and foundation, you will need brushes, which can be somewhat costly. Good luck!

• Start with the basics like an eyeliner, foundation and lipstick.
    It's natural.
    Then you can experiment with neutral eyeshadow colors like black, browns and gold colors. Blush, bronzer, highlighter, mascara, etc.
    You don't have to wear all of these makeup products but wear what looks best and natural onyou. For me, i don't put on foundation or powder cause i hardly get acne so it's not needed.

I say invest $40-$50 on drugstore so once you know what you really like and want, you can invest in shops like sephora, which is pricier.
    If you're in middle school or in 9th or 10th grade, i honestly think drugstore brands are okay.

• Watch youtube tutorials. Thats how I learned lol.

• Contact a Mary Kay consultant if you can.