What is your opinion on young girls wearing thongs and other revealing clothes?

Also anyother revealing clothing. Now, I see girls even 12 or 13 wearing these types of clothers, I think it is a bit crazy.

Thanks for all the answers so far.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think thongs are that bad, it'll only b bad if they plan on showing them to people, like having the whale tail.
    Revealing clothes like shorts that basically leave half your butt out, are inappropriate in my opinion, I don't understand how some parents leave their girls go out like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh... I don't know how you know other girls are wearing thongs but I don't think their underwear choices are any of my business. What they use to cover their crotch is their choice. Thongs are just another type of underwear.

As for wearing revealing clothing, I certainly believe that when you are a younger girl it is better to keep yourself slightly more modest but I personally see no reason for it to be taken to such an extreme like "don't know your arms or legs" sort of speak. Once you get to a certain age, it's really up to you what you wear. It doesn't bother me if a woman wants to walk around in booty shorts and a crop top because clearly that makes her happy.

I personally don't dress super revealingly but I really don't care if other women want to as long as they are within a reasonable age to make that decision.

What Guys Said 13

• You are absolutely right. I told this woman about her daughter who was 17 at the time. I told her she shouldn't wear a bikini to the pool. She told me why not I do it. I said what if there is a predator in the apartments looking but I drop it because it wasn't getting through to her.

• I actually don't think bikinis are a big problem. My family is quite traditional but they allow me to wear a bikini to beaches and pools, as long as I wear something on top when I don't intend to swim just yet. Plus my version of bikini is a bikini top which is cut to not reveal cleavage and then a swim skirt so mine isn't extremely revealing I guess.

• I guess what freak me out was seeing so many grown dudes hanging out by the pool with so many young girls with bikinis on.

• I don't know, never have gone out of my way to identify what underwear little kids are wearing lol

• Perhaps cause it's been almost 10 years since you were in HS, but I left HS 2.5 years ago and you didn't have to put much effort to see what kind of underwear 14 y/o girls had, they made it very obvious when they had them hanging out their pants., or when their pants didn't cover their whole ass, you can automatically assume they're wearing thongs.
      Some girls these days basically announce it.

• He is right, some girls do, not me though

• I stand corrected op
      Where are there parents lol

• I think it is inappropriate for an underage person to wear clothing that is intended to be seductive.

• I want to slap them but the problem is they are copying older generations and tv idols (like Miley Cyrus) so even if it give murder envies i can't do shit but despise those future sluts. I am a metalhead and a 13 year old metalhead wears a Metallica sweat shirt and jeans so nothing to worry about

• They have more important things to do be doing than going around wearing silly clothes. Their homework for starters.

• As a man, I think that they are very uncomfortable. So I would only assumed that someone would stand being uncomfortable for a reason. And that's probably to want to be seen in thongs.
    (of course NOT all young girls do that)

• It can't be good. Why advertise something ur not ready to get into?

Also, it's not a big deal if u don't think sex before marriage is bad.

• well it's underwear, that shouldn't be visible so it doesn't matter. let them wear whatever they want.

reviling clothes... puberty started so it's common that they wanna experiment a bit, but it should of course stay appropriate to their age... and that's the job of the parents. If you see 13yo running around in see through leggings and thongs then they probably failed with that

• I think they look like prositutes, and they get mad at guys for making sexual comments. Hahah.

• Yeah, and they hate on you for looking! If you're not going to wear appropriate clothes to school, don't get mad at the people that look at you!

• @mntwins66 exactly

• they wanna be more adult.

• It's a consequence of internet. They have acess to lots of influences.
    It's their way of communication. : ) and... in the end, it's just cloths.

• not keen to be honest, over sexualization of minors i am not liking

• Their parents need to be arrested.

What Girls Said 15

• Meh, who cares what underwear they wear? More revealing clothes can be sad because of the reaction that it gets.

• I feel like they've definitely grown up too fast and look at other WOMEN as role models however It just makes me bummed out because I remember at 12/13 I was literally enjoying my childhood, didn't wear make up, wore play clothes al the time etc.

• In my opinion I think kids who dress like that are in too much of a rush to grow up. Which isn't really a good thing.

• It's not a good idea. Such revealing clothes attract a lot of sexual attention, especially from creeps, which a young girl doesn't need. Also, it's trashy to show everything.

• Not ok.

• How can you tell what underwear a 12 or 13 year old is wearing?

• Like I see them at VS buying them and talking about them.

• no one can see their underwear, let them be.
      as for revealing clothes, thats a different issue.

• It's not crazy. It's lack of parental guidance. Revealing clothing such as described above should be monitored by parents and allowed only when appropriate. Appropriate in my mind means over 18

• How about, no.

• I think thongs might be okay if it's to avoid panty lines, but for the revealing clothes I think that's insane

• I think it's normal nowdays... but of course like everything in moderation. if they look like hookers it's too much. but they also need some freedom to find they own style.

• It's crazy my friends little sister is 11 and wears crop tops

• I think it's ridiculous. Thongs aren't that bad but a lot of them show way too much skin for their age. I know my parents would've never let me get away with that.

• Were a thong if you must (no younger than 13) but cover that up. Now for revealing clothing, parents need to step in, too many whores as it is

• I think it's disgusting that their parents are even buying them that shit. What kind of mother or father looks at thongs or hot pants or very revealing tops and thinks hmm... Yes, my daughter would look nice in this, let's let her buy it. It's ridiculous.

• They're likely the parents who drop them off at the mall with a credit card and let them buy them. I had friends whose parents allowed that, most bought appropriate clothing, a few, well not so much.

• @SammyGurl my parents did that by a certain age but they'd want to know what I bought. The parent should know and then decide if the kid can be trusted to keep going alone.

• I think it's disgusting and don't understand how their parents allows it.