Do you wear pre-ripped jeans?

Are you aware that people started wearing their old jeans until they became so ripped they fell off their legs so that they buy new clothes less often, as as a way to oppose against capitalsm?

Today pre-ripped jeans have become a trend, and are even more expensive than regular jeans, so big companies like topshop employ underpaid workers to make them. It's like high fashion feigns being rebellious. If you want to be a rebel, go against capitalism by stopping to buy pre-ripped jeans, and buying regular ones, which you 'll wear until they get ripped.

http://vagendamagazine.com/2015/07/please-in-the-name-of-all-that-is-holey-do-not-buy-pre-ripped-jeans/#sthash.CHD8BDXX.dpuf

• yes
  • no
  • results

Most Helpful Guy

• Pre-ripped jeans are among the stupidest ideas ever conceived.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• I wear a few jeans that are ripped, but I purchase it only when they're asymmetrical and nice on me. Symmetrical tears just looks fake and intentional, rather than that worn-look, frayed jeans. I wouldn't wear jeans where a big chunk of my skin is exposed either, might as well wore shorts for that.

I'm not sure if wearing something like this, makes me a rebel (I wasn't aiming for "I'm a rebel", I just like the style):
    www.google.com/url

They're the same price as the regular jeans, but if they become ridiculously expensive, I'd just make them myself. Not that hard to fade and tear portions.

• i always knew the girls in high school were kinda dumb lol

• Not really my favourite :o
    If my girl would like them I would like her for it but if she'd ask "which of these outfits" it would not be the ripped jeans :-(

• no. I have some with a slight used look but not extreme like that. I had some when I was younger... expensive and get destroyed much faster. waste of time and on guys not that good looking anyway

• I'm too practical to pay money for jeans that are already ripped! :-P

• no. they just eventually end up that way

• Sorry, none of that shit for me since they're useless and don't last even a year.. Levi 513/514s are my brand for wearing out. LL Bean for durability and longevity to wear when I'm working outside.

• I agree with you. Levis and LL Bean are very expensive in Greece though. Do you see any difference between them and cheaper brands?

• Yeah, LL Bean has a customer satisfaction guarantee so if stitching comes prematurely undone, you can return them at any time and get your money back. Levis I was told had a lifetime guarantee supposedly when I was a kid, but now they tend not last as long with a 6 month warranty on average. They'll wear out in 6 months -1 year if worn 2-3 times a week for the whole day. That's kind of why I just wear the more stylish ones when I go out and the LL Bean for casual/work clothes. I prefer the Levis since I can find more styles/better fit and better quality than say Guess or some other brand from Macy's.

• I can't afford new jeans easily so I wear mine as long as I can

• I see jeans around $25 that are distressed. They look good on women, many are boyfriend jeans. I also see many women who paint as artists wearing them, it's a style but it's nice.

• yep and don't care how superficial and dumb it is. i like it. it looks cool to me.

• It irks me that the rips are so obviously fake, neat and symmetrical on both legs. It's still best to make them look more natural by diying them

• I like them on other people, not on myself. I'm against pre-made ripped jeans, not ripped jeans in general. I find it wrong to pretend you're a rebel, while you actually paid a ton of money for your pair of jeans, which was being made by underpaid workers.

• haha so i guess rebels can't own anything from ralph lauren by that logic?

• Used to have par of those but then they really got ripped. Haven't used since then

What Girls Said 16

• No maybe just a little but still holding it together. Not crazy like that picture.

• Almost everything in the clothing industry is overpriced and made by underpaid people. Just how it is, isn't just ripped jeans. Nike for example has horrible pay and working conditions for their workers. I rarely buy ripped jeans, I have one pair that I bought like that but them jeans ain't any better than what almost every single clothing company and store does.

Buying things that aren't like that is hard because it's quite rare.

• I noticed it too, in many stores you can't find a pair of plain jeans, without any rips or embellishments on them. I agree about what you said about the clothing industry. It's just that people who wear ripped jeans do it to show they are alternative, while in reality they just attribute to capitalism.

• *unless you live

• google it

• I have bought some ripped jeans, but usually they aren't ripped enough. So I just buy plain jeans and cut them up myself

• No. I used to when I was younger.
    I prefer solid jeans now haha

• I wear post-ripped jeans.

• yes i do. not everyone like ripped jeans but it's their opinion and if they have the confidence to show off their legs. tbh, if you like dressing up in rock style, then ripped jeans is what they should have! i wear it most of time depends on if it's a cold weather or hot. ripped jeans can be very comfortable to wear sometimes!

• No hate em.

• I used to. Not anymore though.

• If I want or have ripped jeans it's from me or wear and tear...

• Yep, I love wearing pre-ripped jeans :D

• Yeah, I love them ;)

• I wear many pre-ripped jeans, sometimes I purposefully makes rips in jeans, and other times it just happens. I fall a lot so it kind of inevitable.

• I don't wear them. I bought one pair recently because they fit nicely and looked good except for the rips but I plan on sewing them up.

• Can't find any but want them

• My fave type of jeans to buy are pre-ripped. Ripping them yourself just doesn't have the same effect

• Nope, but some of my regular jeans are.