How do you feel when you buy a new pair of shoes/item of clothing and ALL your friends/family tell you that they don't like it?

I just bought new shoes and I already knew that they are not everyone's cup of tea.
And it turned out as expected. But I don't really care because I am the one who is supposed to like what I wear 💁🏻

How would you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I bought a pair of jordans last year and I got both positive and negative reactions. To this day my parents think they look awful, but I've had tons of compliments from other people. It's whatever to me. They are comfy and I think they look nice, and that's what counts.

Most Helpful Girl

• It has happened to me. I keep wearing the item I bought, but I feel slightly bad about the fact that people around me don't seem to like it.

• I used to be the same way and sometimes feel so bad about it that I ended up returning whenever someone made a negative comment 😬 I hope you'll also be able to overcome this!

• Thank you! : )

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 7

• Indeed, if you like it that's the most important :D
    Except perhaps if your guy dislikes them as well, that could be more delicate :o

• You have a healthy outlook. Why would you or anyone else buy shoes to please someone else anyway?

• I don't do experiments when it comes to clothes... I think I'm pretty boring when it comes to this so I never was in that situation

• No idea, 'meh' I guess?

• If you love them... awesome... keep wearing them. Dress for you, not them.

• I keep wearing them who cares I ammmammama do me

• Dont give a fuck : i like it, i wear it

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say they just don't like it *yet* d.gr-assets.com/.../10224451.gif

• I think the same way. I buy things I'm comfortable in and I know my mom wishes I'd dress differently. But since I pay for my own things I don't care.

• I don't give a shit. If I like it, then that's what matters. I'll be shopping with my husband and I'll ask him "would you make fun of me if I wore this?" Sometimes he says yes. I'll still buy it regardless.

• I am amused haha
    my friends rarely like my fashion sense and I like annoying them with it.
    heck when it provokes it s cool

• As much as I would like to say that I don't care it would probably affect my choice a bit if my family really hated it.