CRYING. Help im so insecure and this just came up in my newsfeed :(?

Im extremely insecure about my height since so many guys think that tall model looking girls are sexy, its srsly all I can think about and i was just feeling fine until this image popped up in my newsfeed. now im crying uggggggh, what am i supposed to do i hate my body, i would give anything to look like a model. when i have the funds i plan on getting a limb lengthening surger.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lemme tell you some things about what guys generally think:
    -- Short women give off a whole "cute" vibe, which is very attractive to guys. In fact, there are guys that prefer short women instead of tall.
    -- The majority of guys like their girls to be shorter than they are. I dunno if it is an intimidation factor or what, but it is pretty common for girls to match with taller guys than they are. The taller you are, the harder it is for you to find a guy from that perspective. My sister, for instance, is 6'0." It may work for an industry like modeling, but it is hard for her to find dudes because she has to find guys around 6'2"+. The pool is more limited.
    -- Guys don't necessarily want a model. Trust me when I say that things like "thigh gaps" are incredibly overrated. Girls tend to overrate the importance of them. Generally, guys like healthy girls... Which means not TOO skinny but fit. Considering models can go into unsavory practices that lead them too skinny, I'd be careful about wanting to replicate them too much.

My own thoughts:
    -- DON'T GET LIMB LENGTHENING SURGERY. Not only is it pretty dangerous, it is completely unecessary. I bet it would scream to some guys "insecure" if you told them about it as well. It definitely is not a good idea. Short height is NOT bad!
    -- I bet there are pictures out there that have a picture of a cute girl on it with "SHORT GIRLS" as the caption. It is a picture of someone with a preference out there. Every dude is different.
    -- Height tends to be more of an issue for guys rather than girls (there are psychological studies I can pull up if need be lol). Girls tend to like guys a bit above 6ft. Guys, on the other hand, tend not to be as picky. Just as I've been attracted to taller girls (I'm a little less than 6'4" btw), I've also been attracted to shorter girls too.

I mean, look at Shaquille O'Neal. Think of how tall he is. Think of how many women he could possibly choose from. He's rich, muscular, famous, tall (7'1"), and has a lot of things going for him.
    His wife is 5'2." That is shorter than what one considers typical "model height."

So take it from me, you are JUST FINE the way you are. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Be proud of your height and own it. Don't take any tumblr or facebook post seriously. No need to cry! Us guys will like you and attempt to make advances on you either way haha 😉

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls should just stop comparing themselves to other girls. We think that all guys prefer long girls, girls with a big ass and big boobs or girls with long hair, or blonde girls, etc. But that's not true. Not all guys are attracted to these types of girls. Embrace your body. The most beautiful thing any girl can have is confidence. And just because society put tall girls in the spot light, does not make being short unacceptable. The only person who can change your opinion about your length is you. You will be a lot happier if you just accepted who you are. Think of the perks of being short. I am short as well, and would not trade it for anything in the world to be tall. I love getting bear hugs from guys, totally disappearing in their arms, I feel completely safe and protected - that for me is one of the greatest perks.

What Guys Said 18

• Limb lengthening is not only very painful, it also only adds 1 to 3 inches, last I heard.

God's honest truth? While the tall, svelte, model look is always, and will always, be appealing? That does not mean it is ALL guys want. Because, like most guys, I REALLY find it appealing. And the last girl I had in my life I had a very serious thing for? She was barely five foot one. She was TINY. And nothing about that bothered me or was a turn off.
    There is much more to what makes someone physically desirable than one, single, trait.

• Oh dear god, you don't need to go and do something that drastic for the sake of reaching an impossible and ludicrous vision of what you think men think is "beautiful." Do you realize that, in order to increase your height, they'd have to incrementally break your legs and stretch them so the healing process ads bone into the gap? Its a process that can take an insane amount of time, through most of which you'll be suffering through the pain of broken bones. Did you also know it really doesn't increase your height all that much? Its usually in the ballpark of an inch or so if not less. All that time in pain, all for a few measly inches.

Look, just because you're short doesn't mean you're not beautiful. Height is usually the last thing on a man's mind. Heck, I've personally met and fallen madly in love with a woman who had dwarfism. She barely cleared 4 feet. I still remember the first time I saw her and was so awestruck by how pretty she was that when she saw me I was afraid she thought I was being an immature dick head.

So don't go and assume long legs make a beautiful woman. They dont. Ultimately you can do what you feel is right, but make sure you're making a fully informed decision.

• Ekay ekay lets chill a bit here. You don't need to become a model firstly. Secondly, every guy has a different taste. And also why go through all of that? Tall girls is just a fad in the industry right now. Just cuz you aren't the tallest doesn't mean you aren't attractive.

• Guys dont value height anywhere near as much as girls do. Also women seem to find runway models more attractive than men do.

If you were to poll millions of men and sk them what their preffered height for a girl to be the average answer would probable be closer to 5'5 rather than 5'10.

• I prefer shorter women, usually

• You don't say how tall you are or how much you weigh.

If you 5'6", you are too short for most runway modeling, but that has nothing do with datability. The girl in the photo above isn't all that attractive, probably not someone I would ask out.

If you are between 4'11" and 5'8", then don't worry about it. You're fine.

• How tall are you exactly? Height isn't really a big deal for me, shorter girls can be really cute. Not everybody is obsessed with tall girls, thigh gaps and etc as you said in some other opinion. Don't know where the hell you live or what kind of crows you hang out with lol

• Don't do that to yourself. Be proud that you are the way you are. There is no one on this earth that looks like you. There are certainly people out there that like short ladies and would be upset if he found out that you did that to yourself.

• I'm 5'10 and am really attracted to shorter girls. Like 5'2-3. Not so much girls as tall or barely shorter than me.

• Loll well I personally find taller chicks hotter but doesn't mean you gotta cry just cause someone don't find you hit lol

• as a guy i can say i would rather have a girl friend who was shorter and had a good personality over someone who was taller and had a bad personality.
    if some doesn't like you for who you are they dont deserve to be with you.

• I love short girls just as much if not more than tall girls so I think you have nothing to worry about

• You have way too much spare time, you need to fill that in with something and get your mind out of the dirt

• Every single girl I've dated has been short, like 5"4 or shorter

• How tall are you?

• You're not that hot...

• You're 19 and crying BC some girl is taller than you? #firstworldproblems

What Girls Said 16

• If you are *crying* over your appearance at your age, you need to get yourself together and seek professional help.

• like what do you suggest?

• how do i tell them whats wrong with me.. they will think im just insecure

• OMG the therapist who is helping you work on your insecurity will think you're insecure? Whaaaaat? Do you think your GP will think you have an ear infection when you go see them about an ear infection?

• From what I see on GaG... most guys prefer short girls.. other than that.. girls can find something to be insecure about even if they're called super pretty daily.. so you're just being a girl.. you'll get over this and like your height.. but you'll probably find something new.. lol..

• No, no, no. The modeling industry thinks tall girls are sexy. Guys don't give a rat's hat about your height, unless you're a hobbit or Grawp. Seriously, they don't care.
    In fact, I think I've heard some guys say that they don't like it when their girl is taller than them. So there you go. Please don't cry about your height! It's so silly!

• *Rolls eyes*

Wow.

Get over it.

Seriously.

• We can't all look the same. Tall girls are pretty, as well as medium height ones and short ones. You don't need to adapt in the popular beauty standards to be pretty. Work with what you have, not against it.

• tbh i know the feel... when most guys are into taller girls

• Girl be proud to be short. I've only dated guys over six foot tall and I'm under 5 foot. It's nothing to be ashamed of

• I am right there with you! I am 21 and barely five foot. I try to wear heels to accentuate my legs and when I wear shorts I shop in the juniors section just so I look like I have legs.

• You can't be jealous of a stranger that you never met before

• You have insecurities, it's not that big of a deal because we all do. Sometimes it gets too much and you just have to let it out. What you need to realize is that guys like all different type of girls, you don't have to worry about your hight i promise.

• Nonono please don't. I wanted to get a limb shortening surgery when I was 16 because I was taller than all the girls and really I just had an early growth spurt I'm 5,7. It'll change. Stay beautiful

• i feel you one of the reason i only wear heels stfu and take the pain my legs are so short fat ass thighs im a fat person in general fuck it fucking can't even walk straight can't reach shit 7 years olds trying to measure themselves against me

• How short are you? Can we get a picture? I'm sure you look great

• height really doesn't matter

• If you're crying at 19 because you're not as tall as a model, you have bigger problems than your height