Perceptions, stereotypes and opinions about black girls and fake hair?

I am a black female in my 20s and I have always gotten my hair straightened with chemicals. The latest and greatest thing is going natural and not putting any chemicals into our hair. My boyfriend is white and he doesn't like fake hair. What is your opinion on fake hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• If fake hair is done well and it's hard to tell that it's fake then it's all good.. A good relaxer is really nice also... The natural look is also pretty but has to be well kept... It's the neatness, but the style or whether it's real or fake for me.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm also white and my girlfriend is AA, am I prefer her hair natural too, although I had no idea what that meant when I first said it. We've kind of settles on short small deeads rhat frame her face nicely. She has a beautiful face though. I really love the fact that I can smell her when I smell her hair now.

• My wife is black and does weaves, wigs and head wraps. It's all good for me.

• I don't care as long as it looks good on the girl
    and I'm attracted too her

• Yeah I never liked the weaves either but it's because it's less maintenance after its all done but expensive , I'd rather natural too , most white people like me don't know about that stuff unless they have been with a black woman

• Yeah, ibhad no idea of thebdry skin issues either. My girlfriend had to teach me so if we have kids I'll know.

• @Intraluminal yeah I had 3 girls with her, but their is long and curly if they don't use conditioner and things and they flat iron it sometimes to make it straight but try not to do that a lot since it damages it, but yeah that always use lotion on their skin too

What Girls Said 2

• maybe your boyfriend does like fake hair... he might have a preference for natural hair

• Feels like everyone is wearing fake hair and not just a specific a skin colour of women
    Damn how many times have i seen those white girls just put clips in
    Those extensions
    Some go full put and wear wigs