Does anyone else have this problem?

In most mirrors I either look great, or okay looking. But some mirrors, like in the public bathroom at one of my campus buildings, I look HIDEOUS. My eyes look sunken in, my skin looks pale, my face looks fat and round.

Which frikin mirror am I supposed to believe?! Christ.

Most Helpful Girl

• lmao I go through the same thing.

the bathroom downstairs at my house makes me look nice

but when I go upstairs to the other bathroom

im wondering what happened to me ! :|

i don't know if all mirrors are made differently ? [ sounds silly but it might actually be the case ]

What Girls Said 7

• You are not alone, ALL women have this problem.. And we do not know the answer

• I'm a guy, and I have this problem. I think I have it worse than mostly everyone...

• yeah lighting is a huge thing. I look better in light than the yellow tinted light bulbs they have at places. I can't stand those.

• I think that when your in public how you look at yourself is different from when you at home or alone because you have everyone else to compare to.

• The bathroom mirror makes me look bad, my bedroom mirror makes me look alright, and my downstairs mirror makes me look amazing. I'm confused too.

• It's all about the lighting. Don't worry about it, everyone looks bad under harsh fluorescent lights, which is what's usually in public bathrooms.

• I go through a similar situation. Some days I can put on any outfit and feel great. I think I look great, Then some days I'll try on 10 different outfits before I give up and just put something on and I feel horrible about myself all day. I don't know why this happens, but I understand what you are saying.

• lol! This happens to me all the time. I think it really depends on the lighting and the mirror. At school I looke horrible in the bathroom mirrors. My hair always looks crazy, you can see every little pimple on my face etc.

What Guys Said 4

• Try to stop looking in a mirror when you don't need too. The less you can look in a mirror and be your normal happy self, the better reflection you will have to those around you. Ship it.

• Lighting, likely. I have the same problem.

• I have the same exact problem. Most mirriors I look at I look fine but public bathroom ones look like they magnify all your faults. I notice I had major bags under my eyes, and if you have stubble it looks a lot longer and darker.

• Remember that ALL stores mirrors are curved to make you appear more skinny (thus better). Some are only slightly curved while others are more noticeable. (That's why you may notice you look "better" sometimes when you're trying on clothes)

As for the public bathroom mirror making you look horrible, I'm guessing the lighting plays a strong factor in it (especially when you comment on your eyes/skin colour).

• Thanks for the answer. But I find that store mirrors make me look anorexic skinny..... I don't look good in store mirrors at all.

• Whoa so mirrors lie? This is kinda scary I could look totally different..