Ok, if my relatives always say I'm good looking?

Should this be taken with a grain of salt? Some people who weren't relatives have called me good looking, though. But I figure, if I were truly "good looking" I would of had a girlfriend by now (I'm 20 years old).

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree that just being single doesn't mean you're not hot. take me for example. I am hot and I know it. I flaunt it and yeah. I'm single. so...don't be negative! I'm sure you are really good looking. just be confident :)

• Sure you are.

• Thanks reeses. I just find it weird, though, that I'm 20 without a girlfriend and still a virgin. My relatives are always saying how good looking I am, and when I go to a nursing home to visit my great aunt, old women always tell my mom to tell me that they say I'm good looking haha. Then a while back, when I used to go to church, my pastor who was a man told that I'm better looking than the majority of men (which was very awkward BTW).

• Lol. take it as a compliment! just be positive and you'll glow! when I get compliments, it makes me feel better. it isn't everything but I mean it's nice that people tell you that too. yeah I've had a few boyfriends. but that doesn't mean I'm hot or not hot. just be happy & confident and you'll attract a nice girl. you're welcome

What Girls Said 2

• gosh...you could be great looking but if you don't have the confidence to ask a girl out then this would make it very difficult to have a girlfriend. its not just looks...really. as far as relatives go, they see themselves and their other relatives in you because of the genetic connection so yes they could be biased...

• Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you aren't good looking ;) I'm somewhat the same situation as you and get told by my family how beautiful I am, yet I never am approached. I think it all comes down to confidence and being approachable- especially if you are good looking, many girls will be intimidated by you so you need to make the first move :)

What Guys Said 3

• Girls don't go out with guys just cause they're good looking... ;)

I'm sure girls have been interested in you in the years... just learn to see the signs and learn to act on them with confidence!

• Well then I guess I'm ugly to since I'm 20 and still haven't had a gf. Yes I would take it with a grain of salt if relatives said that you. I know a lot of my relatives usualy just say what they think I want to hear.

• That is not true that you should have a Girlfriend by now...just because you are good looking...but this is also true that if you don't have a Girlfriend then you are not good looking. sometimes somebody praises that we are good looking. it happens.