Does height matter?

Is height really important for girls? I am on the small size in terms of weight and height. I am 5'9" and weigh 140 lbs. However I have an extremely athletic build with well defined abs, a pretty full chest, and pretty large biceps that stretch the sleeves on my shirts. However, I've always lacked confidence because of my size compared to many of my friends. So is it really important for girls to have a tall guy?

Thanks for the advice

Most Helpful Girl

• Height does not matter at all, just as long as he is taller. Even if you are 1 inch taller it shouldn't matter. What I'd like to know, is height really important for guys? I'm a girl and I'm also 5"9 and weigh 145 lbs (thats considered a skinny weight for my height/gender). Id be willing to go out with a guy 5"9 or taller as long as he is willing.

• No, height does not matter in a girl, at least for me and my friends

What Girls Said 6

• You are not that short. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who would go out with you - shorter than you and your height, maybe even taller. I think most girls do like to be with guys taller than they are, but not necessarily "tall." It also depends what else you've got going for you. If you're a great guy, that's more important - really.

• No height doesn't matter at all. My boyfriend was 5'9" but grew an inch taller last year, he's 27 1/2. You'll continue to grow until you're 25 but if possible, you can grow until you're 27 - 30 so nothing to worry about. I think girls mostly look into a guy's physical features and physique. Girls mostly prefer taller guys.

• Height matters to me too.. I'm 5-8 and all the guys that I've dated in the past were 5-11 and above.

• the average male height in the UK is 5'10. Not sure about the US. I am 5'9 and a man of at least my height would be ideal for me. I wouldn't dismiss a man out of hand because of his height.

• Well, height matters to me....i would only get with someone who is my height or taller and I'm 5 foot 7....your height is fine.

• Well I wouldn't go out with you because you are shorter then me. I would NEVER go out with anyone shorter. Afriad to say being tall is a good thing for guys and being short is a good thing for girls.

What Guys Said 2

• I've gone out with plenty of women that are taller than me (~5'6"). What I've found is that women aren't attracted to height per se, but to the feelings a tall man invokes. Safety, security, etc--things along those lines. If you can make a woman feel those things then your height usually won't make a bit of difference. Logically a woman may think "he's too short", or "what will my friends think?", but as soon as you engage her emotionally and hit those points I covered earlier then it won't matter.

Ever hear a woman say, "he's usually not my type, but." or "It just happened." That's her version of saying "my logical mind was overridden by my emotions because he's such a great guy and made me feel safe, secure, and we had a strong connection".

• At 5'9", you may not attract a lot of REALLY tall girls (most don't like to tower over you when wearing their favorite high heels), but look how many girls fall in the range of 5' to 5'7". It seems like you're not limited height-wise. The weight you can alter if you choose to. But it's all relative. A lot of the guys in the ads are on the lean side and probably because they have more choices of styles that work for them. I'm a little under 5'11". I don't think at 5'9" I would feel small except on the pro football field or basketball court. Wikipedia shows average height of guys in the US as 5'7" to 5'10", depending on race. So what's the issue?