Jeans and dress shoes?

I was wondering if it was ok to wear dark blue jeans with a blue, striped, button up shirt (not a suit shirt) with black dress shoes. They aren't overly shiny. I've gotten different opinions on this, and was wondering what y'all thought

Most Helpful Girl

• You can absolutely wear black dress shoes with jeans. Remember - the darker the jean, the dressier they are. However, because jeans tend to be a heavy fabric, you may want to opt for a dress shoe in a material such as leather. I also recommend to stray from the traditional oxford (depending on the shirt, of course). With your basic button up, you might want to try something with a unique detail i.e. European styling. You could also try a black motorcycle boot. Men's boots are a little edgy but definitely classify as dressy. Just try a bunch of styles, and you'll recognize what looks best.

What Girls Said 1

• yes, please. very european and very attractive.

What Guys Said 1

• Definitely NOT. Jeans can be worn effectively with certain brown dress shoes such as loafers, but always look out-of-sync with black ones. I suggest a burgundy-centered shirt (long sleeved), brown shoes, and a brown belt (of course), though many other shirt colors will work.