Wearing a jacket over a dress?

is it okay to wear a jacket over a dress if the jacket is longer than the dress?

Updates:
the jacket itself isn't very long by the way. it reaches to about my mid thigh but its waaay shorter than a trenchcoat

0|0
8|3

Most Helpful Guy

• That is fine you see a lot of girls wear that style

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd at least wear tights/leggings to avoid looking like a weirdoface, but, beyond that, I don't see why not. XD

I mean, I have a couple of almost-floor-length trench coats (where the "almost-" is only because I'm over 6' tall). Obvs those are longer than every dress I own, but they still look smashing.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 7

• yeah I've done that many times. looks fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is.. Whatever makes you doubt otherwise.

1|0
    0|0
    • nothing lol, just it might look strange if i wear the jacket buttoned up and you can't see the dress

• I would have thought the idea of wearing a coat was to keep warm/dry.. Not to show off the dress.

• i want a girl in a short skirt
    and a looong jacket ♪

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X5KmB8Laemg

0|0
    0|0
  • I always like that combination. 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course! Long jackets are meant to cover your dress, and should look pretty cute!

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont know how you can look at my update and still say "long jackets". smh

• Hmmm mid thigh is a bit short, but if you wear leggings or tights you should still be ok.

• yeah totally

0|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes like wearing a trench coat over a shorter dress. It can look good!

0|0
    0|0