Does it matter if a girl doesn't shave her arms?

I never paid attention or even thought of it until one day I noticed the girls around me had totally bare, shaven arms. I have very fine blond hair so it's practically invisible. I tried shaving it and get razor rash. So does it really matter?

I'm fascinated that THIS question, of all the ones I've posted since joining, has the most replies. ROFL

Most Helpful Guy

• I find girls with slightly hairy arms kinda cute actually. Not sure why...

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, I don't shave my arm hair am I suppose to? I mean I do have arm hair, it's blonde though. That seems like just more work. Shaving my legs is enough of a chore.

• >>>>>>"am I suppose to?"

^ lol no! -- you're not supposed to if you don't want to. xD Girls' arms look nice either way.

I think the only time it would be a problem is if the girl's arms were as literally hairy as a gorilla or something hahaha, but I've never seen that happen.

• "Shaving my legs is enough of a chore"

I know, right? There's a lot of area and if you nick an ankle it bleeds and bleeds.

What Guys Said 13

• Unless you have thick or very dark arm hair, I think it is silly for a girl to worry about shaving her arms.
    I actually feel bad for girls with thick or really dark arm hair, because it is noticeable, and it is a bit of a turn off (not a deal breaker, but... not desired, really) and so they feel like they have to do grooming and shit other girls don't have to/aren't expected to do

• Hairier arms have been linked to higher sex drives in women. The last thing I care about is what a girl shaves or doesn't shave. Are you fun to be around? Do we laugh and smile, flirt and make eye contact? Do you like to go on adventures?

• Good to know. Maybe I'll grow it long and braid it.

• Well it just occurred to me maybe guys were grossed out by it if all the other girls have smooth arms, and maybe that's why I can't get a date.

• For some guys, a lot of things gross them out. I have no idea, but I have a name for these guys, it called babies. If a little hair is going to stop a guy from dating you, do you really want to be with someone like that anyway? A real man should go after you no matter what. Is it a relationship you're looking for? Because I find it highly unlikely that no one would want to date you, more like the communication wasn't there. Guys are dumb, we need it to be made obvious to us that you are interested so don't blame yourself.

• No hair on arms is nice

• That doesn't matter to me

• In your case you're probably fine.

• Luckily for you it's not so bad because it's not as obvious, but unfortunately I think it does matter a little bit, for most guys anyway I think. There are probably ways you can find of doing it that won't give you a rash though.

• Yeah it matters...

• Don't care about the arms as much, as long as she keeps shaving her armpits.

• For some guys it matters too.

• Not shaving your arms is fine... unless you are talking about your arm pits lol shave those

• i find it disgusting as hell.

• Call me an asshole but I find it gross... I saw once a girl at da subway... and she had arm hair like a dude... disgusting...

• You're an asshole...

• @ChocolateIceCream gross dude...

• Um, yes... hair grows there. I definitely shave that.

• YES IT MATTERS

What Girls Said 13

• You mean like on your forearms and stuff? Yeah it really doesn't matter unless you're extremely anal.

• I think it's ridiculous to shave your arms! O. o
    Armpits are a different matter, but arms... that's ridiculous.

• I don't shave my arms.

• I have black hair lol! So its noticeable. I just don't care lol! Some girl did make a remark lol I am like girl really? haha! Oh wow! I have too much to shave already! lol

• @ChocolateIceCream hahah! Your not husband! hahah

• Settle down there twilight.

• Don't do it, any guy that cares is a superficial asshole. Hair exists on humans... just fucking deal with it society, stop making people feel bad for being human!

• I'm like you fine blonde hair on my arms. To be honest I don't recall ever shaving my arms. My older sister is the same.

• Uhh fuck that.
    I tried shaving them and it was nice for a while but I gave up on it like the 3rd time. Thank goodness my arm hair didn't grow back much darker or thicker.

• Same here, fine blonde hair, 26 and haven't ever shaved. No one seemed to mind. :)

• If you don't have a lot he doesn't matter he you have a lot shave it

• I shaved my arms a few times as a preteen because I was scared that my arms were too hairy. Now I really couldn't care less, plus I realize that the hair on my arms is all blonde and you can't even see it unless you're in a certain light.

• I've got some hair on my arms but it's fine and blondish. There's just no way in hell I'm going to shave my arms every night haha. My hair grows to fast for that shit. No way am I got to have stubbly arms at the end of every day. It really isn't a problem and isn't noticeable. If someone doesn't like me because of the hairs on my arms they can take a long walk off a short dock.

• Well, I only have to do it about as often as I shave my legs.

• Hah... I only shave about twice a week. Maybe because it's winter.

• At this point I do too but in the summer it's at least every other night. No way I'm adding my arms to that routine haha.

• To me? Not in the slightest. There are some people who don't mind their own business though.

• Tbh I didn't even know shaving arms was a thing... I shave my legs and armpits but who tf would shave their arms?

• I don't understand anyone who shaves their arms