Why do some girls think it's cool to call themselves "guidettes"

Do girls like this have any self esteem or is acting like someone your not the new IN thing to do?

The orange tan, the bleeched teeth, the bleeched hair, the designer clothes, the botox, the lip injections, the tattoos...

I didn't make the word up...If you live in the northeastern USA, You have probably seen these creatures walking around...
Guidettes are girls...who are over the top fake, and look like the scum bags on JerseyShore.
They are NOT real Italians...they are of Italian decent, and have lost sight of what being Italian really means. If your from the old school, you know what I'm talking about. These are Americans, with insecurity issues, who live dysfunctional lives

Most Helpful Girl

• LMAO!

I'm from the Bronx in New York and know exactly what your talking about. I actually grew up with Ronnie from Jersey Shore. I know plenty of guidettes, and at one time I was one (I outgrew that in college, thank god). I think what it gets down to is that there are always going to be "guidos" that like them and give them attention. If guys weren't showing them attn than they wouldn't strive to fulfill that image. So yeah it is partly a self esteem thing and partly the IN thing to do. Many of them are still stuck in high school mind set. If you don't get over that phase once you hit your early twenties, than your on a road of destruction since by the time your 30 your most likely going to look like a used up hanger who has no husband, kids, etc. What's funny is that the term "guidette" has changed since when I was considered one. It use to be having a nextel, wearing a north face, going to teen clubs, but now its wearing ripped tops, blonde streaked hair, ed hardy, etc. Many guidettes are spoiled girls who still live with their parents. No guidette I know lives by themselves, they all suck off their parents. Since Jersey Shore has been on, I haven't seen any high rate in guidettes, so I'm happy about that haha I think this is funny how these people never heard of guidettes, you can't miss them in long island, NJ, or any of the 5 boroughs...What I see happening is that the style becomes popular in unknown places. I think it's pretty much ran its course by me.

What Girls Said 20

• It's a trend. People will always follow trends. Oh, everyone looks emo? Ok, I'll go buy some black nail polish and skinny jeans, too. Wait...preppy is in this week? Better hit up Abercrombie. It's hard for people to truly figure out who they are. I don't think it's a matter of self-esteem because I've met some pretty cocky followers but simply a matter of experimentation. Some people have to try a lot of different trends to discover themselves, so if the Jersey Shore look is in right now, you can count on that follower to try it out. Everyone needs time for self-discovery and it just takes some longer than others.

• I wouldn't call myself that. I'm almost the opposite. I'm thin, pale faced, dark brown hair with highlights. I wouldn't go for botox, or lip injections, I'm hot already without those things & even if I were ugly, I wouldn't do the whole botox or lip injections thing.

• Ive never heard of this term before, probably because I'm from england... hmm... I googled it and the pictures were pretty shocking haha! thoses girls and gusy look bloody awful! We don't have them in england, however uve seen plently of girls that do wear lots of fake tan, have bleached hair and wear slutty clothes... probably just call them a slut thou :/ haha.

I don't understand why girls would od that to themselves... surely boys can't find them acttractive? Surely they would just think of them as 'easy'? x

• Same reason guys call themselves guidos, or why people call themselves scene, or emo, or goth, or preppy. People want to be accepted, and they like to put themselves into groups like that to fit into somewhere, even just that group. A lot of people might have been calling themselves guidos or guidettes lately, because it's become kind of trendy, with the show and all. I think, at the root of it, people who try so hard to fit into a certain group, are insecure.

• Because some people are idiots!

Either they're insecure so they do it to make themselves feel better, or they wish to attract a certain type of a man -the one who is completely obsessed with artificial 'beauty' (beauty..riiiight)-.

• Can you think of one person who fits this description you have just given us?

Paris Hilton comes to mind. But she is just one of many. We want what we can't have, in this case money, fame, popularity, acceptance etc.

It's all about fitting in, if a girl doesn't feel she is accepted being who she is intended to be, she changes it to be someone who seems to fit in to a society they wish to be in...well this is just a theory.

I'm a girl but honestly I'm not 100% sure what goes thru other girls heads when they do all this stuff. I'm the kind of girl that isn't 100% satisfied with myself or my life but am willing to accept it for what it is and make the most out of what I was given.

Hope this helps. xox

• Those are the type of girls that generally do not know who they truly are yet or they are so insecure about themselves that they feel the need to do this in order to fit in with what they think is popular.

• Maybe I should ask you why are so many guys dating these types of girls if men seem to dislike this type of trend? Hm?

I personally think they look like burned up barbie dolls or shrivled oranges. I think it's hilarious how you put orange tan because lots of girls like to achieve a more darker skin color like olive or latino skin color. But indeed they look orange and leathery.

• omg I no what you are saying. I hate it when I see girls in the mall with fakebakes and act hard to get. but girls like me don't care what people think and just worry about the important stuff like getting a job and not fussing if you broke a nail, my god they are annoying

• I've never even heard that term before the Jersey Shore and I'm from Rhode Island where there are a lot of Italians but none of them even look or act like that. It's a stupid term not to be taken seriously and the girls who are proud to be called it...well to each his own I suppose.

• this is the second time I've ever heard this term. what does it even mean?

• ...Okay what the f***. If that's an honest fashion going around, I truly hope these people realize that they look like oompa loompas from a trailer park. :|

• a trend which will HOPEFULLY soon pass

• well I live on the west coast so I've never heard that.

and I don't watch jersey shore very much

but I don't think people like that have self esteems

unless they actually like being orange

• Girls get botox? Do you mean older women? What would be the point? Their skin shouldn't be sagging.

• No young women get botox to it backe things like lips bigger I think and makes the skin look tighter and get rid of normal wrinkles like the ones some people have on their forheads when they frown its stupid

• Its not stupid if you can afford it. A lot of people get their teeth whitened, not everyone likes yellow teeth. Design cloths are cute for the majority and high in quality. Not a big deal if you could afford it. Tattoos? I don't know anyone that gets lip injections and tattoos. lol. I've never had a personal problem with any of these people nor have I ever envied them or anyone else I've met in my life. People have different agendas and reasons for what they do. If their not harming me, IDGAF.

• Ive never heard of that term LOL

sounds like foolish women to me, who conform to belong! :(

• They've been watching too much Jersey Shore.

• OMG they make real "guidettes" look bad. Seriously, I would pay $1,000,000 for everyone on jersey shore to commit suicide. They make italians look bad. Next time I see one of those bitches, I will seriously show her what a real italian woman can do.

• Guidettes or guidos.....in general are not real Italians....they are Americans who don't know what being True Italians means.. Last time I checked, guidos and guidettes are all trash. They don't deserve publicity or glorification.

• Ugh, hopefully nobody thinks they are italians. Seriously, it's hard to believe that they actually think they look good and what's more amazing is the fact that someone actually put them on T.V.

• LMFAO!

'creatures' -they sure as hell are! But you have to think about it, some guys have got to be into that for girls to go out and do that to themselves. So yes, poor idiotic girls that have nothing better to do than to go after some sleazy guido. But come on, it's only encouraged by what the guys have set for the girls. And the girls that aren't into guys that like girls that are guidettes...they're doing it just to follow the freakin' leader. It's a sad sad world in the east coast. Next thing you know they'll all dye their hair green and will be called 'oompa loompa's' instead of 'guidettes'.

• unless you made up the word guidettes I have never heard any girl call themselves that.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know know quite what to say, but this sounds like an awful trend that I would stay well away from. The less you trouble yourself by concerning yourself with them, the better off you are.

• I'll be honest.....I don't think much of any of them. I refuse to hang out with girls or guys that act like that. I'm just tired of seeing them walking around thinking there god's gift. I think it's the new trend for people that severe insecurity issues. "Don't be hatin, you know I'm hot..." that's all you ever hear them say. They have this fake confidence to mask the insecurity.

• I was interested to see what others thought....

• Fair enough, I apologize. :)

• Probably for the same reason that guys become guidos. For some reason, they seem to think that such an appearance is attractive to the opposite sex. However, I rarely find someone who actually finds these people attractive. It's disgusting, really.

• It's just like persons that call themselves "goth".

"emo", etc. It's all a label to categorize them into something that can gain them attention.

Don't worry, they're all going to end up being used up and spit out back onto the streets.

• I find it hard to believe that people think that that's attractive...I personally think their disgusting

• I've never heard of such a thing.

• They watch too much jersey shore

• everyone has the right to be stupid, some people abuse the priviledge

• As long as some people like it others will continue to do it... basic supply and demand.