Can anyone help?

I've started washing my hair every second day but when it's time to wash my hair, I wash it with shampoo and only conditioner on the ends off my hair but when I dry my hair it's oily straight after I wash my hair!!! does anyone know why and what I can do to stop this as I can't wear my hair down anymore because it's always oily. :((

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried washing your hair twice while in the shower? Use a normal amount of shampoo the first was, and then on the second was use a small amount and focus on the scalp and really massage it in. As for conditioner, maybe you should use just a tiny bit on the ends or none at all. Instead condition every other time you wash your hair and rinse it out with really warm water.

What Girls Said 6

• wear a specific shampoo for oily hair

• Okay so I have pretty much the same problem. Try not using conditioner for a day and see what happens. It could also be the shampoo. Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo works well for me but I don't think the conditioner matters. Do you wash your hair every time you shower? I do that and it's way better than leaving the oil to sit in my hair for days. I've also heard of special shampoo for oily hair but I've never seen them in stores so you can probably get them on Amazon. Also, for a volume boost try hairdrying it upside-down. Reduce the amount of products that you use at the top part of your hair if it doesn't do anything for the oil. Also try dry shampoo, which is made for oily hair. Some come in powder form and some come in sprays. I have tried the spray ones but they don't do much for me. I actually use baby/deodorant-powder. It's a great cheap alternative and it works as a powder dry shampoo. I just put some on my hands, rub them together, flip my head upside-down and rub my hands against the hair on my scalp and it soaks up a lot of the oil. Let me know if these tips helped!!

• First u have to change the shampoo u use to a shampoo for oliy hair u can also buy oil control scalp serum

• Stop conditioning. Sometimes conditioners have that effect if they're not natural ones.

• Use shampoo and conditioner that is suitable for oily hair.

• yeah i went out a couple of days ago and bought some but nothing seems to work

• Maybe you should go to a hair salon and ask their opinion.

• thank you

• Have you recently changed your shampoo and conditioner? Or maybe you didn't rinse it thoroughly?

• I've tried every shampoo and conditioner and scrub my head thoroughly to make sure it's all out

• everyday

• You're not supposed to wash your hair every day but every four or five days. In some countries it' s common to wash it every day but that is not healthy for your hair. I think your hair is too used to washing so now it gets oily abnormally fast. Try not washing your hair for a longer period of time than every two days. I believe it will get better over time when your hair has had the chance to adjust.