Best type of creatine or protein?

I'm looking to gain some muscle because I'm a skinny dude and have a high metabolism

Most Helpful Guy

• There's not a whole lot of difference between these types of supplements. If you go to like GNC any type of protein they have will do the job. The GNC brand stuff itself works fine and is cheaper than the name brands.

I don't know how serious you are about this, but unless you know what you're doing I'd suggest staying off of creatine. Since you said you're a skinny guy I'm assuming you don't work out too often. With creatine you need to be working out at least three times a week and you have to drink a ton of water. Creatine will give you more muscular endurance to help you in the gym, but the strength and muscle mass has to come from you working out. If you start using creatine you will probably put on at least five pounds in the first week or two, but that's all water weight.

Unless you are training for a sport or something my advice is to not bother with creatine. It can definitely be useful and is actually quite effective, but if you're just concerned about adding muscle for looks don't do it. I used creatine for 2 years while training for and playing high school sports, but quit as soon as I was done.

You can't go wrong with protein, but I'd leave it at that.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Whey protein supplement taken after exercise. It has a high bio-availability, and your body converts it to muscle mass pretty quickly. Eat a lot of white meat and a lot of eggs on the side. Chicken is your best bet.

Make sure you have an efficient exercise program, as well.

• How long have you been working out?

• get whey protein, creatine has good results but its not entirely proven to be completely harmless since prolonged studies on it have just started a few years ago. if your just starting to work out go get some muscle milk or some whey protein and workout and eat healthy. a healthy diet is key for putting on muscle and gaining weight, honestly iv seen people who work out a lot and eat like crap and they don't look good.

• creatine is dangerous...it drains your muscles of water, which is why you need to drink a lot of water when taking it.

Stick with protein it's more natural than creatine.