Going to an outdoor party.. is wearing a dress okay?

The weather for party night is supposed to be gorgeous. I want to make a great impression on someone there and was considering wearing this cute casual looking dress I got recently. at the party, we'll pretty much just be sitting around a campfire joking around.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say, (from a guys point of view, keep in mind that I've never worn a dress) that a dress will work on this occasion. Keep in mind that you will probably be sitting opposite of someone across the campfire, and you might get tired of crossing your legs. so maybe where some short shorts underneath or something.

But If you have the figure for it, go for the dress. definitely. I find that I am the most attracted to the girls who can wear a dress in an outdoor type of situation.

best of luck to you.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know about the dress thing around a campfire, it might work good if it's the right dress, but a shorter jean skirt would definitely be in order with a cute top. That'd certainly make a great impression as compared to other girls that might be wearing shorts more or even jeans or capris. A skirt at a casual party is always more showy and hotter and sexier than jeans or shorts if you have the legs. If I was there you'd impress me and I'd certainly notice you and be paying attention to you in a special way. :-) I'd be like omg iiqwdugqugqugfuqguqg! haha! Well, I'm a sucker for beautiful legs anyway. lol!

• It's OK if you want it to be, but for a campfire setting it seems you would want something that can get dirty. So bring both. Start the day in the dress and then change to jeans, shorts or cut-offs later - depending on the temperature, wind and bugs. That way your ready for all situations AND he gets to see you in both outfits.

• yes dress is always beautiful. always ok for outdoor party. make sure the wind is not high.

depend on a party, but long dress is always good with flowers on it.

and a pretty heels will make it perfect.

• from a guys perspective, really depends. If its moderately cold out, I find myself saying she's trying to hard. However, if its warm (and other girls are wearing dresses. if you're the only one, girls might get pissed and caddy) totally acceptable. Wear your hair down and walk into the wind a lot.

• you will end up smelling like wood smoke but oh well if you can bring a folding chair but don't get mad when in the morning you have burn holes in it

• Burn holes? I've spent a lot of time sitting around fires, never once had burn holes in my clothing.. weird.

What Girls Said 2

• I am no guy, but I think it'll be okay. How about a nice top and a good pair of shorts? Then again, that's just me. But, dress shouldn't be a problem. I think you'll look fine in it and plus its about how comfortable you'll feel, if you think you'll feel easy then by all means go for it! So in all, if you want to wear a dress you should wear it and yes it'll be fine for an outdoor party :D

• around a campfire? I'd pass. it doesn't seem appropriate for the occasion and screams that you're trying too hard and prissy. maybe if it was a backyard bbq party, why not. but a campfire? maybe a skirt or shorts. if not I'd opt for booty pants and a nice top.