Can a girl be attractive without being "cute" or "hot"?

some guys have said I'm not cute or hot, some guys say that I am. My boyfriend says I'm beautiful.

I don't think I'm UGLY, but are the guys who are telling me I look good just trying to get something? or lying?

I feel more apt to believe the guys who say I'm not cute or hot, I feel like they are being more honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Attractiveness" contains so many more levels than sexual physical attraction. There are many other physical aspects of a girl which create an overall picture of attraction but aren't sexually related. Likewise, there are many non-physical traits in a girl that make her attractive, all contained within her personality. The great thing about it: attractiveness is entirely subjective depending on the interests and personality of the person being attracted. Some times, it has little or almost nothing to do with a girl's physical attraction because some people find that less important. Everyone has their own balance of what they find attractive. So the answer is yes, a girl can absolutely be attractive without being hot or even cute by general standards.

What Guys Said 8

• More honest my ass, they are trying to tear you down so you will give them a chance. Beautiful is a great term, it means so much more than being "Hot". I definitely think a girl can be attractive without being "Cute" or "Hot" I mean the girls with the natural beauty are not supermodels or anything, they are real girls. Don't let someone make you think poorly of yourself. If you are happy with who you are, it will show and guys like the stable, sane girls, not the ones who are worried about their appearances all the time. I prefer a girl that can meet me in public just the way she is, she doesn't have to get all fancy, she is okay with who she is. That is at least what I find attractive.

• I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I think you're digging for compliments. You're obviously quite attractive and to say you aren't is completely false, (trust me I'm not trying to be nice). When a guy calls you beautiful and he doens't know you, in my opinion he's lying, because beauty is not simply in looks, this might be the idea of why your boyfriend calls you that.

• Im not. I overheard some guys saying that I wasn't cute and I was really weird...so I was just wondering. but I understand why you would think that way. thanks for being honest.

• you are good looking girl .

I think your problem is not realy what others think about you but showing you laugh is the problem here.I noticed you do not smile much in you pictures.you should smile and look how much people smile back at you ;).

• I am going to be real honest here. You are a typical cute girl. Probably not the hottest girl in town but definately among the more attractive girls.I imagine a lot of guys are jelaous of your boyfriend.

• no, but I think your hot truly

• there are different kinds of attractiveness..

a wide spectrum between cute and hot...

i would personally say you fall under "striking"

• i wouldn't be so paranoid about the guys

just say thanks and smile

I would say you look attractive and pretty =)

• Very beautiful. Your pretty difficult to classify, but I do think you can be "all of the above".

What Girls Said 7

• If you believe them than you have to check your self-esteem, most guys who say cruel things like you anyway they're just afraid of rejection. They see a pretty face and are scared that you are more than they could ever have so look past them...Go for the one who says you're beautiful he's the one that matters

• You are soooooooo adorable!Be happy and content,I think that even I'm jealous of your boyfriend!You're quite beautiful.

• Everyone has a different opinion. Not everybody is going to find you attractive. Instead of worrying what random guys think, it's more important to figure out how YOU feel about yourself. If you don't think you're attractive why should anyone else? You don't need someone's permission or opinion to feel cute. The hottest girls are the ones who know they're hot and act like it. Step your self esteem up and you will be more attractive.

• i think your gorgeous girl! what are you talking about. I hate people who are good looking and ask if their pretty, leave room for poeple who really arnt good looking, please...

• BEAUTIFUL! is better than being called hot.. or cute..

Hot means you just have a nice body. Cute means you have a nice face. BEAUTIFUL is all thee above! :)

• you're very beautiful!

• i think it depends on the guy..my boyfriend will tell me I'm hot one day and beautiful the next, depends on how I'm dressed I guess. But other guys will describe me as very pretty. Just depends on the guy...