Do you think that fashion and modeling have gone too far?

So, I used to think that this fashion thing starts with some people that makes clothes that put some good touch to the human body and present it in a good way and Modeling is just the best way to show really how good this fashion is.
But now I think it's like way over this purpose now you see some fashions that shock you and makes you wonder where in hell would I wear this or look like this. Even modeling now is just I don't know complicated? so many rules and bad sides models noe should be so thin some times and this accurate sizes and srtict systems it's like crazy and stressful thing to the point it lost it's beauty.
What do you think about? I want to hear your thoughts about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• when the fashion world first started the models where extremely skinny and boy shaped. Thats because they industry was started and is still ran by men. designers mostly men found it easier to design for a body more flat. Fashion is dead, nothing in the last 30+plus has been unique or innovative. Literally , every two years we have the same styles with different patterns and colors but the silhouette is the same. FAshion is dead and its started dying when haute couture became old news.

Most Helpful Guy

• It does not mean they are on "top" it means you should follow them or they are right. You obviously smart enough to see that they are crazy already... so how is this difficult to understand? Do your own fashion sense... love it and move on.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree, I think that it used to be about beauty and making things appealing... clothes are no more than a nice wrapper for what is underneath but people have got so obsessed by the wrapping they forget to develop what is inside...

• There is different types of fashion. Some fashion is ehat you normally see in stores that people can buy. Some fashion is more like wearable art and often times that includes shock pieces. That type of clothing is usually just for show or high fashion couture. With high fashion couture only really rich people can afford them because they are ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't really expect the average person to be wearing John Galliano couture or Alexander McQueen. Like I said their clothing is an art form.

• Also models have always been thin. Its much easier and cheaper to create clothes for really thin people than it is for bigger people. Also the original shape of the clothing stays intact with a thin person, a bigger person changes the shape of the clothing. That's the only reason they do it that way. In recent years models have gotten healthier than before. Before there were models that would literally die on the runway because of anorexia.

• It's always been like this... You only found out about it now.

• I've thought that a long long time ago. that industry is ruthless. that is probably the reason y id respect people who are a part of it. the amount of bullshit they take on is probably immeasurable, but they do it anyway...

• You make it sound like a charity work. However , I think people are into it due to the fact that it still one of the biggest money containers. Though I agree with you that it has a huge amount of buulshit within.

• no I'm not? but yeah... okay.

• They have not gone far enough !

What Guys Said 6

• You have a good point. Models have to be so skinny now, like single digit skinny. I don't see how anyone sees that as beautiful.
    Then the clothes they do is getting ridiculous. Who would wear half or any of the shit, they put out there. Forget wearing it, who the hell can even afford it?

• Things regarding sexual fashion, which I really wouldn't even call fashion, has clearly gone too far. Aside from that, I've no real idea but wouldn't doubt it.

• I think so, and considering the amount of money those people make, this is one of the proofs that we live in a very funny world.

• Nothings changed in the last say 30+ years

The stuff that hits the runways is a huge money loser, but projects an image for a brand that lets them make a fortune on perfume and accessories.

The models haven't changed that much, the rest of us got fatter though.

• I think fashion is all about style, elegance and comfort. We guys like girls who don't overdo.

• Runway modeling isn't meant to be street fashion, it's pure design for the sake of design.

• Exactly.. but originally I think that the first designer ever back in the day was dreaming that all the people will wear what he designs and that's the soul of his work. I agree it's more like a hoppy more than anything now.