It is getting a little warmer where I'm at recently and I have seen people dress little differently. Today I saw a girl wearing a leather jacket on the top like ahe was cold and a short skirt at the bottom like she was warm. I see girls dress like this often around the change of the season. Why is this? Are them giving up comfort for fashion?
Most Helpful Girl
Pretty simple, actually.
• "Layering" implies "things we can put on and/or take off whenever". We can't really do that with clothes for the lower body -- when it comes to skirts/leggings/pants/tights, what we have on is what we have on. (Unless we're wearing tear-away pants, like basketball players wear for warmups... lol)
On the other hand, a jacket is something we can actually toss on, or take off, at a moment's notice.
That ^^ is the most important reason.
The other two reasons:
• The fashionista reason: Thicker clothes for the lower body look like crap. Really, they do. Sry.
This is what you are describing as "giving up comfort for fashion". HELL YES we do that <3
This isn't a problem with the upper body -- there's loads of jackets that are stylish af.
• The practical reason: Human beings don't have as many thermal nociceptors (= cells in the skin that sense cold) in our legs as we do elsewhere on the body.
I mean, can you really remember feeling a sharp cold-pain in yr LEGS, anytime in the past? Bet you can't, because that isn't really something that happens.
As long as our feet, hands, head, and upper body are in something warm, we are still chillin', as long as it's not like –40º or some shit.
Most Helpful Guy
Lets just say:
1. Some girls dress for fashion and will feel hot or cold if it makes them look good to do so.
2. Some girls dress for comfort meaning if the weather is hot or cold they will adjust what they wear and fashion comes second.1