Girls, why many girls say that underwired bras are uncomfortable? What do they feel like?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Underwire bras feels like you are wearing something and it's constantly poking at you and reminding you it's there.

I have larger boobs, and I find underwire bras to be uncomfortable. So much so that I refuse to wear them unless I really need to. I just bought a bunch of bras that don't have underwires and it's made my life so much better!

I tend to get pimples and sores from heat, so underwire bras will really bug me.

What Girls Said 11

• Not really sure. The only time I've ever felt like a bra with underwire was uncomfortable was when it had lace on the side of it that led to irritation/chafing on my upper arm.

• Sometimes the wire comes out at the sides or between the two cups and this scratches us. Also it presses against our ribs, making us feel encaged the whole day.

• They feel like wires under your boobs. If you want to know, put one on and wear it for a day. Or maybe add a wire to some incredibly tight underwear so that its holding up your balls. It feels like that.

• Bad comparison, balls are much more sensitive than boobs, so it would actually be much worse.

• One, I was making a joke. Two, I agree with you only because propping up the balls in an unnatural positision is what would hurt. They point down, Breasts don't. Ergo, breats are obviously more comfortable that balls. however, if the underwire was supporting them from behind the balls (imagine placing boobs downward in the area and position balls are in. The wire on a bra that's under the Breast would then be at the base of the balls and behind them. If wiuld Probabky hurt because your anus is right there and what happens when undersides start slipping up on Breasts? It's uncomfortabke, irritating and it hurts. Same would happen with balls if the wire crept up. and balls don't get incredibly tender, swollen & achey and sensitive for a week out of each month. So, there's that.

• They don't bother me much tbh

• The wire tends to dig into our skin or sometimes it's pop out of where it's supposed to be and sort of just poke us. It's not pleasant.

• Do girls say that?

I know unwired are more comfortable that wired.

• doesn't bother me unless the wirestarts to poke out between the cups or out of the sides like others have said

• well... it could be that it's not the right size for me , but... it rides up and over my breasts and the wires dig in and it just doesn't really allow the bra to sit against your body, usually wired bras are meant for a boost and a more comfortable fit so nothing moves around and its all held in place but usually they are just useless unfortunately.

• I have E cup boobs and if I wear an under wired bra it feels like someone has broken my ribs.

• If the bra is the wrong size, then the underwire may poke or rub the underside. It can be really uncomfortable, sometimes can cause skin lesions. If the underwire breaks the fabric, that poke can really hurt.

• I think they're uncomfortable mostly because they do not support your breasts as well as wired bras do.