Prom dresses for a short and curvy girl?

I'm 5'1 ( I plan on wearing heels )
I wear a 32DD bra
My measurements are 36.5-27-36

Help? Please post pics

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like you'd be a drop dead gorgeous prom date in whatever dress you wear. I hope you find one that you like.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• You can wear a long dress and still look good! Especially if you're wearing y'all heels. Since you're curvy side cut outs would look great and really flatter your figure.

I'm 5' 4 & I believe my measurements are 34-26- & I'm not really sure... Maybe like 34-37. I have wider legs than my actual hips so it depends on how/where you measure & this is my dress for prom, ignore my socks & how long it is (the heels I have make it the perfect length) and also my face 😂
    http://i66.tinypic.com/5zqhw9.jpg

• Damn. You look great!

• Sounds cute, I love black dresses 💕

• Me too! It was the last dress I tried on too

• You're going to want a short dress. A floor length dress will just make you look shorter. It's nearly impossible to get a good strapless bra over a 34C, so I would suggest something with straps. If you have to do the Kim Kardashian taping thing, so be it.

• I can walk really good in heels so I'll probably get like 5-6 inch. My last dress was strapless and I didn't wear a bra. So you think a short dress would look good?

• Petite just means short with a short torso and short legs.

• Oh. I thought it meant short and thin.

• Basically anything form-fitting will be flattering. A friend of mine wore a mermaid dress for prom and she loved it and she is short like you. if you go with a mermaid style dress make sure to get one with a train it will make you look taller.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d0423082bc.jpg
    If you want to look shorter get one that flares
    i.ebayimg.com/.../$_35.JPG?set_id=2

• Something like this, form fitting and short.
    www.prommagics.com/.../...fon%20Prom%20Dresses.jpg
    Form fitting to show off your figure and short to don't make you look shorter. ^·^

• I guess going braless isn't an option and as another poster suggested strapless bras aren't good for larger busts. Maybe something tight and slightly above the knee? U have a small waist so should emphasise that.

• wearing an asymmetrical hemline that can make you appear taller. Floor length gowns and full skirts tend to overwhelm your frame. Opt for slim fitting dresses with a V-neckline, vertical prints or pleating since these will elongate your silhouette.