Would you settle for an average looking guy?

Or would you only accept the best looking, or near best?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, there are tons of perks to not looking like the guy on the cover of GQ. If a guy has the personality, humor, intellegence, and whatnot to go along with his looks, it really makes him appealing. If you find you are chasing a girl who is only happy looking at a hot guy, chances are she probably won't have the traits to make YOU happy.

What Girls Said 9

• A girl, based on looks only would choose the guy that's above average, but if she was looking for a stable relationship she would look at the guy that suits her best. No girl would be so blind that she'd date a guy who's handsome but a jerk forever. She'll move on and find someone who'll appreciate her, and most likely he won't be someone that's as handsome, he'll probably be your ' average joe'. It takes a jerk to make you appreciate the good guys out there.

Haven't you heard the quote, "Looks attract the eyes, but personaility attracts the heart" ? To me, a great guy is a great guy. Maybe the looks department isn't so hot but his personaility is the thing I've fallen in love with. A relationship won't last long if you're only attracted to each other but dispise each other's personalities. Lust fades away but love should never falter.

Stop worrying about being an 'average' guy, some guys get girls, like my guy friend Alex, because he's great with words and makes girls laugh. He's really fun and flirty and girls just love him. Any guy that a girl likes a lot won't seem him as ' average' or ' ugly' even other girls believe him to be. To her he'll be just as attractive because she likes him a lot. Isn't it the same with guys? If they find a girl they like they won't see them as average, in their eyes won't she be beautiful?

• Why is everyone so concerned with appearances? Beyond the initial meeting, appearances don't matter all that much. Trust me, no one is going to date someone who can't hold a conversation

• Yes, but they won't date someone they find unattractive at first sight.

• No one is truly unattractive. there's always going to be something or other that will attract someone

• Looks aren't a whole package. I let better looking guys go all the time, because they don't show the dedication or care that some guys I date that aren't as good looking show.Never cut your losses just because you don't look as good as your competitor because time and effort does make up for a lot.

• "settle" in my opinion isn't the right wording.

Yes, I would go out with an average looking guy. There are other things that are just as important as looks.

• Sometimes the 'average-looking' guys treat you the best. (Not to say that the attractive ones don't.) But, yes, probably. However, it's also not really settling like adorkabletmtm said if you really like the guy

• Yes, I would, but only if he has a great personality. Looks don't matter to me that much... I mean, yes, great looking guys always catch my eye first, but when I am looking for a boyfriend I am looking for someone I can trust completely and have fun with! Your personality is what counts the most! :)

• I will accept anything, personally. Like personality really counts for me. I could care less if my friends think you are "gorgeous" or "hot" I only care about what you are like. If I like your personality I usually like how you look:)

• Not many people want to "settle."

And "average" is an opinion.

• Oh my gosh, I would actually prefer an average looking guy! I am not into really "good looking" guys.. there is something unattractive about them! lol Give me a guy that clicks with me and has a good personality and I will most likely disregard the way he looks :)

What Guys Said 1

• Settle is such a negative word to use.