Hairdresser dyed my hair and I'm so unhappy with it?

I know this might be a very simple question but I don't know what to do. Last week I went to a new hairdresser to dye my roots, I explained to her what my previous hairdresser usually do (who has moved) and she got it all wrong. I have a yellowish/golden blonde hair which doesn't go to my face at all when I actually wanted was to just get rid of my roots and have an ash color to my hair. Like a cold tone NOT yellow. I am so unhappy with being so blonde I seriously cry when I see myself, I feel ugly. My hair used to be really nice. I paid a lot so it sucks having to do it all over again and wast more money. I could go back and complain but I don't want her to touch my hair again, no way. What would you? Any calming helpful advice?

I have tried silver shampoo but it's not really working.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry this happened to you. I think girls always look best with their natural hair color. Maybe you can put this thing of dying your hair behind you and know that your hair will grow out and you won't have to go through this again.

• Thanks. I am a natural blonde but I wanted it to be more alive with highlights and different tones to it. Not bleach blonde which is the most unatural hair color..

• thanks for MH Guy opinion!

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened to me a few times, where the color turned out to be something that I could never imagine lol. I wanted to color my hair to chestnut brown but it came out as reddish/gold color and my skin is tan duh! The worst part is when people around you comment and tell you look much better before.

My advice is to wait for at least 2-4 weeks because the chemical is still in the process of absorbing and you don't wanna damage your hair again by fixing it immediately. Go to another hairdresser and get a darker shade of blonde to neutralize the yellowish tone that you're having now.

What Guys Said 2

• I went to a hair dresser once, he totally fucked up my hair, so that exact same day I went to ANOTHER one and got it done properly.

• Money back?

What Girls Said 8

• Well, you could always call the salon and see what they can do. Maybe they can arrange to have someone else fix your hair for free or at least a discounted rate.

I think you have a right to be unhappy with your hair. I have blonde hair too, and it's really important to have the right shade for your skin type. The wrong shade can completely wash you out.

If you are not comfortable going back to the same salon, then I would go to a different one and just explain the situation. Perhaps they would be willing to fix your hair at a discount. Let the know exactly what the hairdresser did, so they can mix the colour properly to get it to where it needs to go.

• You can fix your hair by just getting it toned. It seemed like your stylist just didn't tone your hair. Toning is cheaper and will fix it for you. Just go to the salon and ask for them to remove the yellow tones by putting in a toner. Alternatively, go out and buy a purple shampoo and leave it in for a hour and then see if there's any improvements.

• Go to another hair dresser to fix it.

I would always go to my cousin to do my hair (I bleached it blonde) and then she went on vacation when I needed a touch up and my cousin wasn't there so I went to a new person and she told me that she'd make it blonde again and it turned out orange. I was pretty ticked about it so when my cousin came home I had her fix it lol

• That sucks. I'm glad it worked out for you. My hair is my everything so I guess I'll go to another hairdresser it's just that I paid a lot and now I have to pay a lot again.. Oh well.

• Why didn't you express your dislike for it while you were there? Maybe she misunderstood you. And maybe someone else could've fixed it right then and there. In any event, just go back and tell them that that's not what you wanted and see if they can fix it.

• Go back. I know you don't trust her, but maybe another stylist will be able to fix it for you.

• Have you gone back? Do you know if they do it for free? I don't have the guts to go back I know it's silly.

• Hm okay. Maybe I'll go back and see what they say and if not then I'll have to visit another hairdresser. I would like to do it myself but I'm not good at it, I've done it before and it has turned into a disaster so I started going to the hairdresser instead.

• Doing hair yourself can be difficult. It's definitely much safer to have someone do it for you. I hope they're accommodating if you go back. Good luck!

• If you hated it, I have no idea why you paid...

• you go back and nicely ask them to do it again.

• That's why I prefer to dye my hair on my own.
    At least when I make a mistake, it's MY mistake, not some random hairdresser's :p.
    Anyway, you should go back and tell her that it was not the result you wanted and you need her to fix that. Explain to her calmly that you wanted to have an ash color and the result is completely different to what you asked.
    As for calming advice, I know how you feel, I have had my hair dyed yellow (by mistake) soooo many times, but in the end it's just hair you know :p.
    You can always go back to brown or red or you can try to fix the damage done.