Girls, Guys, would you "bling up" your kids?

Question inspired by the TV series "blinging up baby" that is presently on TV in Belgum.
To some degree it can look nice but some of these people even put loads of make-up on their babies or toddlers :o
And they buy them outfits that cost fortunes... well you won't ever see my kids blinged up whenever I'd have them.
Will you bling up your babies?

• Absolutely not
  • To an acceptable level, yes
  • The full thing: bling bling outfits and make-up

Most Helpful Girl

• no way! not unless they're a dancer and need stage makeup or something but even then I will not be a fan haha if I have a little girl will she sometimes be subject to dresses and pink clothes? sure but not anything I would ever consider to be "bling."

• That sounds like a nice & healthy view on the subject :D
      It hurt my eyes to see those kids, some of them literally "painted" to look as if they came back from the sun :o

• WH is all yours, curious what the pik clothes would look like haha :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear lord no, I loath those kinds of parents just let the kid be a kid, you know? let em play in the mud, or outside and get dirty and have an adventure, eat dirt, or other weird things they find, play pranks, play kings, queens and princess, cowboys and Indians cops and robbers all that great and fun stuff etc, etc.

That's what being a kid is all about, not dressing them like dolls in fancy outfits with makeup that's made for an adult besides babies skin is really sensitive I mean it makes young adults break out if they put to much on, imagine what that would do to a baby.

anyway rant over you know what my stance on it is.

• WH is all yours. Really liked this opinion. Let's let our kids play in the mud!
      And let's join them :-)

• Haha thanks and indeed lets !

What Girls Said 14

• My aunt does stuff like that, the kid is about 2 years old now and she's never wore anything that isn't pink and doesn't have some kind of diamant√© or crystal on. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion. It's just going to get dirty after all and I'm not damaging a baby's sensitive skin with make up.

• Yeah I agree with you... the people who do it are 110% convinced it's right but... we know better :o

• Nah because i am lazy! I rather teach them or take them to sports and outdoor stuff lol! Much more fun and with kids to play with!

• Good idea, sports is much more fun than bling :D

• lol if I ever have kids! Which won't happen like ever!

• Haha since I'm 40 and single good chance the same is true on this side of the ocean :o

• I've seen that show dear brother.. No way.. Not in expensive branded clothing lines like Chanel, Louis Vuttion, D&G, that's just crazy to me lol
    Kids need to be kids, most of there development is "playing" so they want to get dirty, get muddy fingers, just be a kid.. So I don't think I would do that to my child when I have one.

• its a big hell no!! that's a really bad idea to put makeup on babies or toddlers skin (too many chemicals and baby's skin is sensitive and fragile ) >:( >:(

• That's what I thought as well... even some adult ladies get skin problems at later ages due to too much make-up. So to me, seeing it being done, was like an attack on these kids' skin :-(

• Makeup on babies? That's just wrong. Of course I want my babies to have cute outfits, but I won't ever get anything too expensive because the kids will outgrow them or stain them up way too soon. These are children, not dolls.

• I like the wording! And indeed, the people who bling them up consider them their baby dolls :o
      So far 1 out of 30 votes was the full bling vote so... most agree with us :D

• my kids will be fresh af and some children want the makeup bc they see their mother put it on or someone they look up too you can't judge the parent its their child i always put lipgloss or lipstick on my little sister and cousins or sometimes blush or eyeshadow if im feeling generous bc they asked for it they aren't being forced my

• I guess that if it happens very occasionally with teenagers to "let them try" okay... just not too often because once they're used they won't stop :o

• Clothing is especially important and If It Don't Fit you just give it to somebody else there are a lot of children running around my family so the clothes is never wasted

• Sounds great :D

• No. I don't see a point.

• Me neither! Fortunately most opinions go in this direction. Good news for our kids :D

• No way. I will buy the, cute comfortable clothes but not branded stuff

• Souds good Kangy... some of these ladies went a lot further than only the branded clothes... from make-up over diamonds to even more ridiculous things.
      They should make some of those treatments (like loads of make-up on a baby) crime :-(

• Nah bro... I'm and not truaatizing my child like that =)

• Me neither! Fortunately common sense seems to win it here :D

• I know right... I mean those girls cry on the show you're talking about! it is so stupid. High five for common sense

• Absofuckinlutely not.

• Nope haha, not something i'd do :)

• I would give them gold teeth. Teething, sorted.

• Hahaha let's hope that at that age they don't need it :o :o

• It would never happen.

• So glad that most of us agree on that point of view :D

• They are sexualizing their own kids before they even hit the puberty.

• Unfortunately yes :-(
      Often it seems to be frustrations from the past that cause them to make baby their doll, so riciculous...

What Guys Said 4

• I hope to see my kids covered in dirt, soaked from water balloons, grass stains from sports, boogers on their jacket from being a kid, etc.

• So true! They play themselves to teenagers and beyond :D

• Nah lol.

• No, I don't want to raise a wannabe thug

• What's wrong with the Dutch?

• The Duch? The series was from the UK and I'm Belgian haha...