Is this dress too casual for prom?

link

I know it says it's a bridesmaid's dress, but I really like it. It looks too casual, though. Any thoughts?

Thanks for giving your honest opinions. I've decided since this is the only time I'll get to dress up, I'm going to choose something a little fancier.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a close call: it's long enough that it's not a cocktail dress per se, but it's not elegant the way that a prom dress generally is considered. Overall, I think you could get away with it, since prom is not really something you should be too worried about in the big picture.

I know this wasn't part of your question, but regardless of whether it's fancy enough or not, it looks really awful as a dress. Kinda like from Little House on the Prairie. Just a heads up.

What Guys Said 1

• if you got some red tailoring done it looks like the dress snow white wears

What Girls Said 12

• I actually think it's fun and vintage-y. Here's what I would do to give it an edge and make it current: have it hemmed shorter, wear some fun and loud tights/stockings (fishnets, printed, etc.), get some unique, out-of-the-ordinary shoes, and top it off with a cute clutch. This is a great dress IF jazzed up with accessories to balance the vintage and modern.

• Hunny that ain't cute, I'm sorry. Definitely find a more prom-y one! (: I'm not hatin either! I'm just keeping it real with you((:

• Holy jesus no! It's a horrible dress.

• I like it!

It's casual yes, but you could do a lot with it, as in with the accessories you accentuate with it can really make the dress.

• it's a bit conservative for prom. go for something that's brighter and more elegant, but screams "i'm young and I like to have fun"

• How many dressess have you looked at? It would be too casual for me, but our taste in dress reflects who we are. I'm thinking you like to keep it simple and don't want something that would draw too much attention to you. You definately need to get out there and try some on though, not just looking at them on the internet. Hope you have fun!

• its a cute dress but since its prom it is way casual. You want to go all out looking your best. I personally thing you don't need to spend that much on a prom dress but still can look nice. I bought mine at Ross and it was cheap and beautiful. I could even send you a pic. Good luck and have fun prom is awesome!

• I think it would be fine I you had accessories that were noticeable ( large earrings, fun shoes, etc.)

• too casual and it;s icky. but whatever floats ur boat. ur prom ur decision

• it's cute...but it's way too casual for prom

• It is cute and I don't think it is too casual. I wore quite a plain dress to my prom. What people probablly don't realize is that if you've picked it you obviously look great in it, and thousands of dresses look nicer on than off. I recon that if you accessories it with a nice bag some jewlery and some shoes you will rock that prom!

Hope you have a great time :D

• omg bad 80s bridesmaid! it looks terrible. please don't wear that to prom I'm almost certain people will make fun of you for being seen in that