Do you still wear a watch these days?

• Yes, always for fashion.
  • Yes, always because it is much faster to check a watch than your phone.
  • Sometimes but not always.
  • Never.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think I've ever worn one for more than a few days.

• Yes because it is much easier to see the time instead of taking out my phone and checking it. And faster when someone asks you the time! And also... It's a fashion statement as well

• Yes, I have a such a nice watch that is sitting with a flat battery for about 5 years now. I am going to put a battery in it and wear it for all the reasons you mentioned and because I like the watch.

• @Touglyforfemales Yes, I know it is a big no no. I should not have left it so long. I am sending it in and they are going to have a look at it and give me a price to get it going again. If it only needs a battery replacment then it won't cost much.

• It shouldn't cost that much I agree but if they tell you its gonna need to be overhauled
      like new gaskets, crystal and movement water resisting testing etc. Some companies
      would rather do all that at once. It can be pricey just to give an idea Rolex last I heard
      charges around $500+ just to open it up and look at it.

• never wore one, never will, I think lol

• Nope but I want to get back to it because taking my phone out everytime is exhausting

• Yes, taking my phone out takes so much longer and it is not as easy as just looking at a watch. My nice watch has had a flat battery for 6 years or so. I hope it is ok and the hands have not seized or the battery leaked as it is a very nice watch. :(

• I agree. Plus sometimes you are at an establishment and they have no clocks in sight. I had many watches over the years but overtime they have seized to work, even with new battery installation. I feel like I will buy a new one soon.

• Never owned a watch and the one that I have doesn't fit my big boned wrist. It's so pretty too 😭😭😭.

• Yep I always have one my watch

• Yes, because in my school we are not allowed to have our phone with we

What Guys Said 17

• Haven't worn a watch for years as it does not mesh well with my job as a mechanic.
    My phone is always in a holster on my hip. Kinda like an old school pocket watch.

• Two words Casio G-shock.

• @Touglyforfemales

When I was a Machinist's Mate in the US Navy, I wore a Casio G-Shock all the time.

In my current employment, I need to be able to get my hands in tight places where a watch would be in the way. Also, I work with printing inks that would, in short order, destroy the aesthetics of any watch, G-Shock or not.

It's just easier for me to not have to remember to take it off, not have to remember where I left it, and not have to remember to put it back on.

• I gotcha makes sense.

• I wear a 15 yo $100 watch , except when on vacation, then I wear a $6.- cheapie.
    I received a few expensive watches but I never use them.

• Yeah, My watch is very nice. It has had a flat battery for 6 years. I just hope I can get it going again, that the battery has not leaked and the movement has not seized up.

• Don't remember the last time I wore one.

• oh no way lol tacky af

• I have one an I wore it for a while but not anymore :P

• I've tried, easier than carrying a phone around at work. But it always ended up ripped off or smashed, so I gave up.

• Only when I was a kid and my mother was teaching me how to tell time.

Nowadays never, I've always got my phone with me anyway; and no, I don't want a "smart watch" nor a "regular watch"

• I've been wearing one for years for timekeeping.

• i have never worn a watch, that's what phones are for

• Some people wear watches for fashion and it is true getting your phone out is a pain when you have your hands full, it is also slower.

• Yes all the time I'm a member of watch related forums, blogs and most of
    my Youtube subscriptions are Horology related lol. Been wearing a watch
    since I was around 6 or 7.

• Yes, My really nice watch has had a flat battery for 6 years or so. I hope the battery has not leaked in it and the hands still work.

• I don't like wearing jewelry period.

• Yes, to cover my hoopty wrist tattoo

• Yeah, I am thinking of getting my watch going again. It has had a flat battery for 5 or 6 years. I just don't know if the hands will have seized up.

• Get some WD40 on it, it'll be fine

• Yeah, I am sending it to the watch manufacture to have its battary replaced and I think they service it to. The price is not too bad and I am not good with doing that kind of stuff myself.

• Yes, I love watches.

• Yes, I hope to get my nice watch going again. The battery went flat 6 years ago. I hope the battery has not leaked into the watch or the hands have no seized up because it is a lovely watch.

• Sounds good, if u can get it to work again then its def worth it

• I hope all it needs is a new battery.

• yea i have a gear s2 so its more than just a watch

• a good rolex on a suit or a hublot on casual always look handsome

• Never. I have in my cellphone 😄

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more