Do you think it's OK or not to wear a thong bikini at the beach in the Med?

Greece, Spain etc. Would you judge somebody for doing so, if they're just tanning, not attention-whoring?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose some beaches may be a bit uptight about it, but most beaches over there have been allowing topless and skimpy bottoms for decades. I think you would find it very hard to find a beach in Spain that would find that inappropriate. Possibly more would find it inappropriate in Greece. Now in France I doubt anyone would bat an eye over that.

Most Helpful Girl

• While it is allowed almost everywhere, I would not recommend it, you would definitely get judged a lot. But it might also depend on the beach in question. Just dress like they dress if you are worried about being judged/standing out, if that makes sense. There are also nudist beaches you can go to, they are not at all sleazy - more for older people (40+), families, and a somewhat more alternative crowd. In general, at least where I live (Scandinavia), thongs are considered not classy and a bit of a Eurotrash look.

What Guys Said 8

• Shouldn't be a problem - I haven't been on an European beach for a while but large numbers were topless in thong bikini bottoms the last time I was there. As you say, you do it mainly for tanning and have shorts or a wrap for walking around.

• On Crete they have seen worse, on Ibiza too. (Both are booze, drugs & sex places). Italy, maybe. Other Spanish coasts, maybe. In Croatia they have some nude beaches.
    Morocco and Tunisia, Algeria are certainly places where you should cover up more.

• Of course, it's okay. My judgement would be if you got it, flaunt it!!

• here in the UK and Europe it's fine we're much more relaxed and lied back about nudity etc.

No one will care or take any notice wearing a thong bikini

• It is ALWAYS ok for you to go bottomless. Like nobody would complain about that.

• I have no idea. I don't live there.

• Wear what makes you feel sexy. Who gives a shit what others think.

• I don't think bikinis are forbidden... but many are gonna make comments if ya don't have a good body...

What Girls Said 10

• It looks slutty.
    I mean it's literally a string in your ass, you might as well wear a shoe lace.
    I wouldn't judge someone though for it, to each their own.

• It is definitely ok, not everyone wears those in the Mediterranean, you would look normal wearing anything you want.

• I would say it's okay. I mean, not in Pakistan or anything lol, but I think Greece and Spain are pretty tolerant of partial nudity so go for it.

• I never would.

• I wouldn't...

• I would do it, I wear thong bikinis to the beach most of the time anyways.

• Yes go right ahead

• If I was with my little brothers (all under age 10) I would be really annoyed. If i was by myself I wouldn't care.

• No problem, you can go for it

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more