Are V necks metrosexual?

After I wore a V neck as a freshman in High School my brother told me to quit it because they're metrosexual and homosexuals like to wear them. So I stopped and haven't worn one since because I don't want to look fruity. Are V necks actually considered metrosexual though? I know back in the 80's they were acceptable but I'm not sure today, especially since I have chest hair and modern society hates that on men.

Most Helpful Girl

• fruity? :P lol
    nah they re hot, but you gotta have a good bod

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• I love v-necks on guys. They never struck me as metrosexual or anything of that sort. I always tell my boyfriend to pick out a bunch of v-necks when we go shopping together as I think they're a great way to show off nice shoulders/chest.

Worried about your chest hair poking out? Just get one that doesn't go that low. There are plenty that basically don't go much lower than standard-neck (?) t-shirts from H&M or something.
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...F00000578-304_634x425.jpg

• Depends on a few things:
    1.) How deep the V is (exceedingly deep is usually a bit more metrosexual in appearance, depending on the wearer)
    2.) What you've decided to wear with the V neck (ex. leather jacket vs. denim vest)
    3.) Your overall image (ex. body type, body hair, hairstyle, accessories or lack thereof)

As an added note, Id' like to point out that homosexuals on average dress better, smell nicer, and make more money than straight men do. Since you know it's not the 80's, you might want to stop openly using the word "fruity" to describe something that you believe the average homosexual would do/own/wear.

Hope I helped :D

• i don't see what's so wrong with a guy who loves to look after himself that they created a special name for him...
    v necks are hot. chest hair that is maintained is hot. that's all i can say really.

• nope anyone can wear it!

• wear whatever you want, it's alright. personally I don't like it when a guy wears a very deep V neck, but I like a short one

• 'don't want to look fruity'? Really? Wear what you want. If you're that insecure about what you wear and your own sexuality it's probably best you don't wear things like that and just stick to the 'norm'.

• I always thought so...

• What? No! V neck shirts look really hot on men. Keep wearing them!

• I don't think so, I'd probably love that look!

• Ummmmm it's 2016 wear what you want.

• Um I don't know what your brother was thinking but I think v necks look look hot af on guys

• no there not anybody can wear them

What Guys Said 12

• 0|1
  • Sorry, but got to say your brother maybe a real stupid person. You should wear v - neck tees :

1. V- neck tees are in rage in the West coast. so, this means that... YEAH THEY ARE IN FASHION.

2. A v- neck shirt gives you a manly look.

3 It’s really hard to beat a white V-Neck undershirt for a professional appearance in the workplace or for a more casual look when worn alone in color.

4The benefit to a V-neck shirt over a T-shirt is that you can do away with the tightness around the neck and the unattractive white collar when your dress shirt is opened one or two buttons.

5. It also makes you look more muscular.

6. Never go for a deep V neck t-shirt 👕 they will not look good.

7. It's time to discard the crew neck tees and go for a v - neck.

• Well V necks are cool what's wrong about them
    And sorry silly question
    DAHELL is a metrosexual what is that? 😂 😂

• I wear v necks on a regular. I just hate crew necks, I have more defined collar bone and it make me feel like I'm being choked.

Only thing I can say is gay people wear really tight v necks. So stay away from those, but other than that, its okay.

• Who says metrosexual any more? The world has moved onto hipsters and fuckboys.

• I never liked them myself but if you like wearing em go for it.

• I dont see how a deeper cut in a collar makes anyone sexual this or that.
    its all in your head.

• ''gay'' tell him ''yeah? well, it's better to be gay then being a transsexual... which is exactly what you're gonna be if you keep talking.''

• Yes.

• I wear them, im not gay. No one says anything so i wear them.

• Personally I find 'em ridiculous... dunno if they're gay or metrosexual... but they look really pretentious...

As for chest hair... well wid V necks it looks really worse... so better avoid it dude...

• Depends on how far down the V goes. If you're showing off your entire body with it, yes, that's typically more common with homosexual men. Not to say it is exclusively them who does it.