Why do most guys have their collar open neck when they wear a smart shirt?

why do most guys have their collar open neck when they wear a smart shirt ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the collar chokes and is generally uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 17

• Because if you button it all the way up without wearing a tie you look like a herb.

• @Asker Yeah white steve beat me to it, that's the rule.

Tie + shirt = buttoned shirt

Shit*2 = Last button undone

We men have a lot of rules/laws just like the rules at the urinal, we got clothing laws, eating laws etc. the list goes on

• @DooMguy I remember when Doom actually came out. You had duke nukem fanboys and doom fanboys at the time.

My first copy of Doom was from my friends computer and we transfered the game onto 3 or 4 floppy disks and then installed onto my old brand spanking new windows 95 PC which had a 16 megabyte hard drive. Must've been early 95.

Good times.

• @Sexualchrist Yep, that's the stuff. As you know it goes a little bit deeper then that, then goes into alcohol and all. You can never have enough rules. You might of heard "tunnel snakes rule" but in reality rules rule

I'd hate to be that guy but these kids. . . they disappoint me, they just ruined the 90's. You know part of me wants to go shopping for some old parts and build a "vintage machine" get a big old CRT maybe put 95 on it but I don't have any space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucCxtgN6sc

I remember hearing about the floppy install, a lot of people said they had problems doing that. These days ZDL + GZDoom is the way to go

• The traditional rule is that the top button is only buttoned when wearing a tie, and almost never otherwise. The exceptions are the clergy, those who take fashion cues from the mod movement where they buttoned the top button up as a way of looking different, etc.

But its either a nerdy/counterculture or 'i think shirts with buttons are this weird thing and don't know how they work' move to button the top one up without a tie.

It's not quite as strong a rule as not buttoning the bottom button on a suit jacket... but still...

• Because it's uncomfortable (for me anyway) and most people my age would think I'm being weird if I'm the only one without an open collar in a group.

• Unless you wear a tie, you look weird.

Even with a tie on, it can be very uncomfortable or tight having it pressing against your neck all the time.

I have worn uniform shirts with heavily starched collars and it gets really uncomfortable and irritating for your skin.

• It looks better that way when you're not wearing a tie. If you have the shirt completely buttoned up, you just look nerdy. With or without a tie, it can still look professional.

• a button up is called a smart shirt?

• Because it's comfy like that

• Because we're only meant to close the top button if we're wearing a tie.

• its comfortable, guys prefer being comfortable than being pretty or I don't know cool, whatever.

• That first photo.. From a video.. Is that what I think it is? I'm pretty sure I've seen him...

• where from?

• he is super hot in those videos. All the girls choke lol

• a tad too violent for my taste actually

• Four pictures is most?

• I always button up my shirt. I think it looks better personally.

• Because button up shirt's top button makes it feel like I am being choked.

• Because is much more confortable but im not like that i wear suits so leaving the neck kills the essence and the classy of a suit

• I almost never wear shirts... but if a guy has it closed he looks like a weirdo...

• Doing the top button feels really awkward and a little bit like lightly choking yourself.

Surprisingly few men get off on that.

• Well I don't keep it open , I CANNOT, I have a lot of chest hair which would be visible if ibkept it opened.
    You don't like it opened?

What Girls Said 4