Do girls look better with makeup?

this may sound like a stupid question but I think there is more to it , what sort of makeup should a girl wear ?

• Makeup Overload
  • General Makeup
  • Minimal Makeup
  • No Makeup

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't mind if its the makeup you can't see like foundation as its looks natural but for makeup that is seeable like lipstick, eyelashes, eye shadow, that's not a turn on at all and not an attractive thing

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think there's any one general answer to this question. Some girls look better without it, and others look amazing in makeup, especially if they know how to apply it correctly. I voted Minimal Makeup because that's what looks best on -most girls-, if anything at all. Play up the eyes a little, slap on some chapstick or lip gloss and call it good.

Personally though, I don't wear a lot of makeup. Not on my face anyway. I don't cake on concealer and foundation and powder, because I like my skin how it is. It's not perfect; sometimes I get a zit or two, sometimes my cheeks look flushed randomly, and I have freckles. But that's my face and I like it. A dab of concealer to cover the redness of an occasional zit, and a thin dusting of translucent powder all over the face to get rid of shine is plenty. I like my real skin to show through.

Sometimes I wear a bold colored lipstick with just mascara for the eyes. But usually it's the eyes I play up. And my style is understandably not loved by -everyone-, haha, because it's more intense than most people would be into. I'm of North and Western European descent, so naturally I have fair skin, fair hair, and lighter eyes. Having a fair skin/fair hair combination is interesting because for ME at least, I feel that it doesn't allow for any of my features to really stand out because the general lightness of everything blends together. That's where makeup comes in. I have kind of a dramatic flair when it comes to eye makeup, but that's just my personal style. I don't mean layers of dark eyeliner, I mean neutrals with bold colors and precision and contour, and black mascara to thicken and darken my [light-colored] lashes.

I think makeup is a security blanket for a lot of girls, and that shows. So really it's the insecurity that makes it less attractive, rather than the makeup itself. Makeup is supposed to be an extension of who you are; to enhance the good things that are already there, and downplay what you don't feel is your best feature. Naturally, some girls have taken that to extremes and use makeup to hide behind. I don't think makeup is necessary, but I think if you like it [and I do] then you should wear it. Don't be afraid to let the world see your face though, haha. All of my friends and relatives and even some acquaintances know what my face looks like without makeup because I'm not one of those girls who won't leave the house without it. If I feel like putting some on, I will. If I don't, who cares? I haven't worn anything more than mascara and chapstick in the past week or so, sometimes nothing at all, and I feel the same level of confidence that I would have if I were fully made up.

• you know what I never wear makeup but I do look good natural. I think that guys should fall in love with gals with natural beauty because when there is no make up men will fall out of live with them and this too will prove the real reason for true love.

• It really depends on the person. In my opinion, I think I do, simply because they kind of makeup I wear is to enhance the good qualities of my facial features and increase my femininity, in which the latter is suppose to attract the opposite sex accordingly.

• i think I do.i have acne scars and cover them up..i feel better about myself so why not!:)

• Make up makes our eyes look bigger, are skin look evener, and our lips look fuller. So yeah MOST girls look better with at least some make up.

• "General" make-up, done well, will LOOK like minimal make-up.

:P

• I think I do. All I do is wear foundation, it makes my skin look smoother

• Some girls it looks good on, some it doesn't.

• there isn't one answer for all girls, because everyone has different standards and flaws. personally I prefer wearing a light layer of loose powder so my face doesn't look cakey with very little mascara and very little eyeliner...so that from two or three feet away you wouldn't think I was wearing any makeup. I know I look better like that than without makeup, but it also looks much more natural and better than heavy makeup.

What Guys Said 7

• Some faces are more naturally pretty without makeup then others. For these.. makeup or no makeup doesn't matter. For the others, a bit of makeup doesn't hurt, but there is such thing as too much.

Also, it's about how confident the girl feels wearing it. That's the main thing.

• A girl should wear whatever makeup she wants to I guess. I prefer the natural look to caked on beauty though. A little to accentuate the beauty you(girls) already possess, and not to cover yourself up and hide who you are is fine though.

• No

• i don't mind, personally my girlfriend wears none (as far as I can tell) and I love her the way she is :}

• I don't know but based on your pic you would look better with makeup.

• The natural look always intrigues me...the girl looks very pure and real that way

• yes. but too much of a good thing is a bad thing