How would you feel if your boyfriend/husband said you're average looking but still loves you?

If you nagged and pestered him for an honest opinion and if he gave you his honest opinion about your appearance, saying you were okay, average, or not that good looking BUT IT WAS AN HONEST ANSWER and he still loves you, how would you react?

Could you handle the truth?

I told her that she was beautiful to me, but I said something along the lines of "Well, I guess to the population you're okay-ish, about average" I mean I loved her based on personality, not looks...and some of my friends bashed me for that!

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think I would have the right to be mad...only because I asked for the truth and just because it wasn't the answer I expected or wanted doesn't mean that I have the right to yell at him for being honest..i don't think you should ever ask questions if you can't handle the truthful answer

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, a stupid question deserves a stupid answer. I truly believe that. If your partner is with you, they are obviously attracted to you. People's insecurities cause them to pester their partners with ridiculous questions. Why not learn to believe in yourself and be comfortable with how you look so you don't have to base your self-worth on someone else's opinion or even have to ask to begin with? If your guy wasn't attracted, he wouldn't be with you, period. Ask and thou shall receive. Maybe his answer came out of annoyance that he was even asked at all. If he loves you and finds you attractive, you have nothing to worry about. Just don't ask this type of question again.

• If the question was so stupid then don't answer.

People can love each other strictly on personalities too.

• Well - ask no questions, tell no lies. If you're gonna nagg the hell outta someone then you gotta be prepared to hear the answer.

But if you're just asking in passing , then I would say no - I wouldn't be able to handle an answer like that. Definitely not.

I probably wouldn't ask in the first place though. It's an impossible question for someone to answer - you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't! So why ask.

• Would feel a bit sh*t but it'd be my own fault for pestering him. It's not something I'd do, people that do things like that are ridiculous. If you tell them what they want to hear then they don't believe you anyway.

• Well, it probably wouldn't be the answer I wanted, but if I were nagging him and pestering him about it, then that pretty much would have been my fault for doing so and trying to fish for compliments. It would kind of hurt a little bit, because I would want my boyfriend to think that I was pretty and beautiful and know that he is very much physically attracted to me, but at least I would know that he still loves me regardless, and I guess that would be the most important part.

• I wouldn't mind that much if I was nagging him about it. But if he just randomly told me about it, it would be kinda harsh. But its not like I would flip out on him or anything.

• she is obviously very insecure if she would even do that. I mean I can't imagine nagging and pestering my man to tell me the "truth" about how I look in the first place. hell I know what I look like! I think probably the times when you told her "you look fine/beautiful" or whatever positive thing, she really didn't believe you and wanted you to almost confirm she wasn't good enough. she must have had a really bad day or have very low self esteem. by you telling her she's average looking that probably really hurt her. now she probably thinks that you are settling for her and that other women are better than her in some way. so sorry to say but you just made it worse. no woman wants to hear that she's "average looking". I am pretty confident myself but if my husband told me I am only "average" I would be pretty hurt. just like men have egos women do to. we want to feel like our husband thinks we are the most beautiful woman in the world. love is nice but she probably doesn't feel so good now. I wouldn't have asked my husband in the first place, I would have asked someone else if I had to. even though she shouldnt have kept pestering you, you should have been more sensitive to her obvious insecurities and told her that she is so beautiful or whatever and that the conversation is over and let it go, not tell her that.

• I did tell her she was beautiful. But she really wanted the truth and was like "well, I won't get mad at you"...but eventually she did. Although not over that conversation, but her anger stemmed from that. It's not like I gave her the answer right away, I tried to cushion the fall.

What Guys Said 0